"I danced myself right out the womb..."

Marissa-Julia

My name is Marissa-Julia and "I danced myself right out the womb." ;) It's one of my greatest passions and I think I'll be 105 and still wiggling around to every song I hear.

I've danced ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, modern, some hip hop, and some ballroom. I competed for many years, too. But it wasn't until I was 15 that I discovered belly dance. My parents didn't approve so I promised myself when I went to college I'd save up and find a way to do it on my own.

Unfortunately, I became ill and was unable for quite sometime. But when I was fully recovered about a year ago I met my fiance and he encouraged me to do what I love best.

So here I am! Ready to shimmy and shake and be a part of a community that has inspired me for years. I hope to not just be a professional one day, but a great dancer. I can't go a day without dancing, watching dancing, or reading about dancing. So I'm excited to hear all the advice and stories you all have to offer! :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum:D Looking forward to hearing more about your new dance journey ... enjoy!
~Mosaic

AyaKara

Welcome to the forum Marissa-Julia! I'm very excited to become friends with you. You're going to love performing when you do! :D

Marissa-Julia

I can't wait to perform!!! Although I'm sorta petrified, too lol. I can't wait to share my experiences with all of you gorgeous dancers! :D