Help me find this song please?

MizzNaaa

I'm sorry too. I know multiple versions of that gorgeous song; the original is obviously by Om Kolthoum, but a lot of people sang it too so, yeah. I can't for the life of me place the voice of the artist in this particular version. If I ever do figure it out I'll let you know.

Last edited:

Greek Bonfire

Try looking for it in iTunes or Spotify using classical Egyptian as a description. I love this song but never knew what it was either.

DancingArabian

I think I've found it!
Howah Saheeh.wmv - YouTube

Uploaded on Dec 29, 2011

Egyptian famous song "Howa Sahih el-Hawa Ghallab" (It's True That Love is Irresistible?)
Lirycs: Beram Et-Tunsi
Music: Zakareya Ahmad

Now does anyone know if I can find CD's by either artist named above? I know I can just download it from youtube, but I would prefer to be legit.

jahbie

It's on the Maqam site.

]Oum Kalthoum - Howa Saheeh El Hawa Ghallab #01CC1000218[/url]
I think I've found it!
Howah Saheeh.wmv - YouTube

Uploaded on Dec 29, 2011

Egyptian famous song "Howa Sahih el-Hawa Ghallab" (It's True That Love is Irresistible?)

Now does anyone know if I can find CD's by either artist named above? I know I can just download it from youtube, but I would prefer to be legit.

Last edited:

Aniseteph

I think those are the original composer and lyricist rather than recording artists.

DancingArabian

Hm I thought Oum Kalthoum was the original composer/singer, but that didn't sound like her in the video I posted - though I'm far from being good at that type of thing!
Can anyone confirm/deny?

gisela

Super Moderator
The two videos you posted seem to be the same version and singer but it's not Oum Kalthoum singing in those.