So . . .

Yame

Thank you everyone for your input, I really appreciate it. I want to say, 'I'll try not to be so hard on myself next time', but critiquing oneself is how you get better :lol:

Yame, I actually wanted to ask you if you're on Sarah Skinner's Shimmy DVD. The resemblance between you & the woman on Sarah's right is uncanny! :lol:

Yes, that's me! That's funny, you're actually the first person to recognize me from that!

As for being hard on yourself: keep being critical, without being too hard on yourself, if you know what I mean! I find that the people who are most critical about themselves end up improving the most. It's a great trait to have... however you need to be able to be critical without putting yourself down. If you are critical AND harsh, it will only depress you and keep you from improving.

You are doing a great job right now, and you'll only get better!

AyaKara

Yes, that's me! That's funny, you're actually the first person to recognize me from that!

As for being hard on yourself: keep being critical, without being too hard on yourself, if you know what I mean! I find that the people who are most critical about themselves end up improving the most. It's a great trait to have... however you need to be able to be critical without putting yourself down. If you are critical AND harsh, it will only depress you and keep you from improving.

You are doing a great job right now, and you'll only get better!

Thank you Yame, I appreciate it so much! I look up to you & the other ladies on this forum very much so it means a lot to me to hear encouraging words from you all :D for things that involve advancement & bettering oneself, I'm never harsh because I know that I'll be better one day. I'll get there! :dance:

Pirika Repun

Hey Ayakara

You did great job for your first performance! I can tell how you enjoyed your performance from your big smile. So many dancers who have been perform still can’t smile like you, but your natural smile is coming from your joy, and that is very important. I also can see your potential, so keep it up! I also happy to see male member in your troupe! BTW, my teacher is male dancer, and member of this forum Tarik Sultan. ;)

BTW, we are very spoiled by live in NYC because we have tons of great dancers and teachers we can chose in all different type of dance. We have Egyptian, American Oriental (American Cabaret), ATS, Tribal, Tribal fusion, Turkish, Armenian, and Lebanese. So, if you want to improve your weakness, you have so many options to chose teachers.

I sent you private message, so please check it.

MizzNaaa

That was a lovely performance. You looked glowing and most of all I had fun watching it cause you guys looked like you had tons of fun and were enjoying it.

Man, this makes me so happy seeing that our dance is still active and loved out there. Makes me wish I could organize such things here in Egypt, alas, people would probably throw us with tomatoes and call us infidels :p

Eh, it'll happen eventually. But again, Aya, lovely performance and hope to see more from you!

bomu samba

Congratulations on your first performance, AyaKara!:dance: I agree with the others - you look so happy performing :D