Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin Warning: Ginormous little girl squee moment coming up

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I'M BACK IN BELLYDANCE CLASS AFTER HAVING MISSED FOR ABOUT 6 1/2 MONTHS!!!!! It feels SO GOOD to be back! But even BETTER news is this: in our monthly meeting this evening, the heads of our troupe's company talked about upcoming changes. One, MY TEACHER THAT MOVED AWAY LAST YEAR IS COMING BACK!!! Plus, WE'RE GOING TO START FOCUSING ON GETTING BACK TO THE ROOTS OF BELLYDANCE, AND DO MORE EGYPTIAN/AMERICAN CABARET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those of you who know my situation know that I've had to endure dancing to non-traditional bellydance music, and it was driving me CRAZY. So you can imagine HOW HAPPY I'm feeling about the upcoming changes in our class!!! SQUEEEEEEE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy for you!

Post Thanks / Like

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE indeed! I am delighted for the upswing in your luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, everyone! The troupe talked about how far away some dancers have gotten from bellydance's roots, and that it was time to change that. I guess the last straw for my troupe was when some of the ladies saw a show where dancers were stripping to "Santa Baby," and they were billed as a bellydance troupe! Glad I wasn't there. >.>

Post Thanks / Like

Horaay! I am happy for your squee moment! I do remember you bemoaning all the Shakira played in your class, glad it seems to be going in a more traditional direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem
    I guess the last straw for my troupe was when some of the ladies saw a show where dancers were stripping to "Santa Baby," and they were billed as a bellydance troupe! Glad I wasn't there. >.>
    ACK! Clothes should be kept firmly ON the body during a performance. It seems to be kind of a thing lately, even beyond bellydance--the lights flash, the song changes, the dancers fling some part of their clothing off, and the performance is somehow supposed to be more exciting.

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! That is good news!
    Hooray for you getting back in class!
    Hooray for your old teacher coming back!
    Hooray for less non-bd in bd class! (And let's hope there is a correlation on what they say, how you/we understand the things said and what actually will happen..)

Post Thanks / Like

YAY! great to hear you have managed to get back to classes & that you'll be dancing your heart out the way you want too
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool!

Gots dem Zills yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Very cool!

Gots dem Zills yet?
    Zills are going in the mail today!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very excited for you and just a teeny bit jealous!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast