Warning: Ginormous little girl squee moment coming up

Farasha Hanem

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D

First of all, I'M BACK IN BELLYDANCE CLASS AFTER HAVING MISSED FOR ABOUT 6 1/2 MONTHS!!!!! :dance: It feels SO GOOD to be back! But even BETTER news is this: in our monthly meeting this evening, the heads of our troupe's company talked about upcoming changes. One, MY TEACHER THAT MOVED AWAY LAST YEAR IS COMING BACK!!! :D Plus, WE'RE GOING TO START FOCUSING ON GETTING BACK TO THE ROOTS OF BELLYDANCE, AND DO MORE EGYPTIAN/AMERICAN CABARET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Those of you who know my situation know that I've had to endure dancing to non-traditional bellydance music, and it was driving me CRAZY. So you can imagine HOW HAPPY I'm feeling about the upcoming changes in our class!!! SQUEEEEEEE!!! :D

Farasha Hanem

Thank you, everyone! :D The troupe talked about how far away some dancers have gotten from bellydance's roots, and that it was time to change that. I guess the last straw for my troupe was when some of the ladies saw a show where dancers were stripping to "Santa Baby," and they were billed as a bellydance troupe! :doh: :wall: Glad I wasn't there. >.>

Sophia Maria

Horaay! I am happy for your squee moment! I do remember you bemoaning all the Shakira played in your class, glad it seems to be going in a more traditional direction.

Farasha Hanem said:
I guess the last straw for my troupe was when some of the ladies saw a show where dancers were stripping to "Santa Baby," and they were billed as a bellydance troupe! Glad I wasn't there. >.>

ACK! Clothes should be kept firmly ON the body during a performance. It seems to be kind of a thing lately, even beyond bellydance--the lights flash, the song changes, the dancers fling some part of their clothing off, and the performance is somehow supposed to be more exciting. :rolleyes:

Daimona

Yay! That is good news!
Hooray for you getting back in class!
Hooray for your old teacher coming back!
Hooray for less non-bd in bd class! (And let's hope there is a correlation on what they say, how you/we understand the things said and what actually will happen..)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
YAY! great to hear you have managed to get back to classes & that you'll be dancing your heart out the way you want too:dance::clap:
~Mosaic

Farasha Hanem

Yes, Zorba, they got here this morning! :D And Kartane's zills should be here any day, too! ^^ Thank you both very much! It was aggravating having to spend my birthday money my daughter gave me for meds and necessities, but I'm now getting my lost hours back at work, our department has a new Assistant Manager, AND we have a new store manager! :D Life is wonderful! ^^

I wanted to respond more to the replies, but I gotta go do errands with the daughter. Thank you everyone for being there for me through everything! <3

*gives Ariadne a BIG hug*

Last edited:

Roxannya

I can't imagine what that must have been like. I'm so happy for you that things are turning around. I remember when I started belly dance I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to listen to the music. I didn't buy any and just practiced to my 'every day' music. Then came a two year absence and I've been dancing again for 14 months. I barely practice to music other than classical Egyptian now. The complexity is so much more fun. Now belly dance music seems to be my every day music. Funny how things change.

AyaKara

I know that this is SUPER late but I came into the instruction section to look for something about shimmies.

CONGRATULATIONS FARASHA! :dance: I can't imagine how much you love belly dance & how much this means to you. I'm so happy to see you getting proper formal training. Keep us updated with how it goes! I can only imagine how you'll improve now :D