feedback ad in last post

Salome

Administrator
Some people were having issues with the ad in the first post squishing or omitting the text in the first post. There is an ad within the last post. Is anyone having any issues with this?

Shanazel

'm not part

It squishes, too, but I'm not particularly bothered by ads as long as I can read the posts. They are what makes OD possible.

Ariadne

No problems. It is significantly smaller then the other one was so it doesn't interfere with reading.

Salome

Administrator
I'm curious about how the last post displays. All the ads have always displayed without issue for me. But that is not true for everyone. I'm trying to figure out why IF the ad in last post is not causing disruption and why that might be... hmmmm continued feedback appreciated.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I don't see the ad in the last post but have a blank space, the post isn't squished though, see pic of last 2 posts.

Also today I've noticed the like button has disappeared, is that me or everyone?
~Mosaic

Attachments

• adpost.jpg
    adpost.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 54

Ariadne

Mine is the same as Mosaic. When I'm on the other computer it looks the same though only there is a square ad in the blank spot.

My like buttons have disappeared too.

Dunyah

It squishes the last post a little but it is still readable. The only time it was a problem was when there was a video posted in the last post - the ad covered the right half of the video, obscuring the controls, so i couldn't play the video.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
My like buttons have reappeared:D Must have been some minor glitch somewhere.
~Mosaic

Safran

I see the ad, but as it only takes up about a third of the space of the post, so it is not a problem to read the text.

ANd the like buttons are still here...

Farasha Hanem

Since the ad issue has been resolved, I've gone back to using Safari on my iPhone, and am happy to say that the ads aren't causing any problems. The ads are small enough, and I can read the posts easily. However, I've been having a problem with intermittently disappearing Like buttons. If a thread is more than one page long, sometimes the Like button will be totally missing on one page, but present in all the other pages. It doesn't happen all the time, but it has been going on for about a month for me. Weird.

arun

Administrator
We had some problems in the back end, so we disabled the like system at that time. Everything back to normal now.

Daimona

As for the squishing of the last post, squishing the text isn't a problem, but embedded pictures and videos will also be squished if they are wider than the space available left of the ad.
An example is a youtubevideo, where only 2/3 of the youtube-window is visible (the only way to see it if the browser window already is maximized is to quote the post and preview it).