Comparitive weather

chryssanthi sahar

Chryssanthi, are you coming to do a workshop? I am quite new to Belly Dancing (only one year), and have only learned from one teacher, so I am eager to see different interpretations, styles etc.

Hi Iiveey.
I mainly will come to visit some friends (and..you are right, I will be visiting Minneapolis/St.Paul), but if I get an opportunity to give a workshop, I will be glad to give one. The question is where? I don't know anybody except my friends in that area (and da Sage from here OrientalDancer.net)

sstacy123

goodness, we had some quite severe weather in the state yesterday...a few people killed...the weather in my county got bad but doesn't appear to much damage and no one killed so that is good.

Moon

That's scary Stacy :shok:

Here, there was quite a lot of wind again to day yesterday, but fortunately not enough to cancel bellydance class.

Now it's about 10°C here (50°F), cloudy, with periods of sun and a little rain sometimes. Nothing very special ;)

Shanazel

Tornados are one reason I don't miss living in the South. We get them here occasionally, but nothing like Arkansas.

17 degrees Farenheit here, about three inches of snow on the ground, more on the way, but no wind. When we came out of the gym last night, it was snowing so hard that we couldn't see across the parking lot. By the time we got home (about ten minutes) the snow had stopped and the moon was peeking through the clouds. I can see a patch or two of blue sky now, but hope it stays overcast. I had a migraine yesterday, my head is still tender, and bright sunlight on snow just kills me! (whine, whimper, complain:( )

Zurah

Rather hot for March here, round 25º-27º C (77º-80º) Went to work today in a dress shirt, skirt, and ballerinas (couldn't even bear to think about stockings) for the first time in months. Luckily heat doesn't affect me too badly, because it looks like it's going to be a horribly hot, hot summer.

KuteNurse

Stacy...It is awful about the tornados and the school children. I hope your state finds comfort and peace again after this tragedy. Know that you and your family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

We also had terrible weather in Minnesota. A blizzard warning last night. Snowplows were pulled off the streets at 6 pm because they could not keep up with the snowfall and the blowing snow. Winds were in excess of 68 mph coming off of Lake Superior. 16 inches of snow fell and it is still snowing right now, although the worst part of the storm is behind us. I have a snowdrift on the side of my house that is at least ten feet high! As far as I have dared to go is taking my dog 3 feet from my front door and then back inside again. EVERYTHING is cancelled including school and even the local mall. I am snowbound and the local television station says that those on side streets will be snowbound until at least Sunday. Oh well, I am grateful I have my family and friends safe. I have a refrigerator full of food to feed my family and I have heat to keep us warm and safe. One really needs to look at what you have in situations like this.

KuteNurse

Hi Iiveey.
I mainly will come to visit some friends (and..you are right, I will be visiting Minneapolis/St.Paul), but if I get an opportunity to give a workshop, I will be glad to give one. The question is where? I don't know anybody except my friends in that area (and da Sage from here OrientalDancer.net)

I live in Minnesota. I am VERY new to belly dancing and I do not know anyone who is a belly dancer in Minnesota yet...But I could do a google search and contact local clubs that may be interested in a workshop??? Let me know...my email addy is: gerrisette@hotmail.com

Moon

Today, it's sunny and temperature rises to 17°C (62.6°F)!!! :yay:

However I heard it could be less then 10°C (50°F) again next weekend :mad:

Shanazel

It is up to 57 degrees fahrenheit here. We had a gorgeous spring-like weekend. My bulbs are coming up, I raked up some of the twigs and debris that gathered in the garden over the winter. Didn't get too excited about yardwork though because we can still expect snow and cold temps up until about mid-may. We had a really hard freeze in June one year. I am really sick of cold temps by June!

Moon

Shanazel said:
Didn't get too excited about yardwork though because we can still expect snow and cold temps up until about mid-may. We had a really hard freeze in June one year.

OMG!!!
The Netherlands are definitely not the hottest country in the world (far from it, lol) but the worst we can expect in June, I guess, is continues rain. Last year was a very nice summer, June temperatures rose till 37°C (98.6°F) :shok: Believe me, I'm already happy with temperatures of about 25°C (77°F). Though I usually don't complain about the weather being "too hot", unlike most Dutch people, who almost always complain about the weather! Once, a weather forecaster said with a big smile that it would 25°C the next day. Then this old lady wrote a letter to ask if the weather forecaster would please stop smiling whenever he would forecast temperatures like that, cause a lot of old people die each year because of the heath! :rolleyes:

Shanazel said:
I am really sick of cold temperatures by June!
I suggest you visit Europe next June! :lol:

Shanazel

Actually, I will make my first trip to Europe in April- I am taking my daughter to Ireland! I live in a very arid climate; most of the year the countryside is brown and gold. Very beautiful in its own way, but I am always overwhelmed when I go some place with plenty of rain and lots of greenery. It is like a miracle to me.

Kharmine

Last night I actually left my bedroom windows open!!!

I am so happy to see spring. Then, again, March is supposed to be the month of heaviest snowfall where I live. Keeping my fingers crossed....

KuteNurse

We had a record breaking day in Duluth, Minnesota with temperatures reaching a whopping 57 degrees. I worked all day however, so I was not able to get out in it much. All the snow is melting! YEAH!

Shanazel

No snow on the ground here right now except on the mountain, and the ski area has officially closed! It has been in the fifties, and even though it was only 36 degrees F this morning, there was NO WIND and I just wore a sweater to work (well, I wore the rest of my clothes, too, but just a sweater for outdoors warmth). As I crossed the street, watching my breath fog up in front of me, I thought back to life in south Texas when I was a child. Any temperatures below about 70 degrees F called for a winter coat! After almost thirty years here, I do believe I have adjusted to Rocky Mountain weather conditions. Ah. Life is good.

KuteNurse

Here are some pictures of the blizzard from 2 weeks ago in Duluth Minnesota. The wind was recorded at 68 mph..Almost hurricane force winds! Snow drifts were in excess of 20 feet. It was amazing!

Downtown

Park Point, Aerial Life Bridge

Looks like Woodland Avenue?

Aerial Lift Bridge, Museum

Lift Bridge, Park Point

Mailman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. As required by federal and state laws, you need to hold this information as privileged and confidential. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.

| | | | | Inbox

Notice: Attachments are automatically scanned for viruses using Trend Micro products
© 2007 Microsoft TERMS OF USE Advertise TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement GetNetWise Anti-Spam Policy

KuteNurse

Here are some pictures of the blizzard from 2 weeks ago in Duluth Minnesota. The wind was recorded at 68 mph..Almost hurricane force winds! Snow drifts were in excess of 20 feet. It was amazing!

Darn! I tried uploading the pictures and they won't load on here..Sorry! I would be happy to email the pictures if anyone is interested.

Shanazel

I've seen pictures through the internet- you really have to be tough to live through a Duluth winter! We're slackers by comparison (thank goodness:) ).

Shanazel

Yeah, some, but nothing like what you get up there where it is wetter. Here the big challenge is wind. Snow doesn't have time to melt- it wears out from blowing around. One of the worst driving experiences I ever had was driving through a ground blizzard. My car was moving east, the wind was blowing the snow southwest, and I couldn't see the road. But six inches above my eye level, it was clear and sunny. It was so disorienting, and I couldn't stop because I couldn't see the side of the road, and also because the ground blizzard could've lasted for days. I got behind a semi truck and hoped he'd lead me to town and not off into a ditch somewhere.