Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help support OrientalDancer.net

Greetings everyone!

You may notice a new button on the forum, it's to the left, above the navigation bar that says Support OrientalDancer.net, with a donation. Anatoliy and I just wanted to say a few words in regards to donations.

OrientalDancer.net is Anatoliy and I's project and it is our financial responsibility which we will happily continue to honor. At the same time we would greatly appreciate donations, no matter the size, to help off set some of the costs. For example, we are hosted on a dedicated server so we can accomodate high traffic and we also pay for the forum. We'd also like to develop OrientalDancer.net bigger and better, like adding a feature for each member to have their own photo gallery and other items that will enhance the user's experience...

We'd like your feedback too - what features would you like OrientalDancer.net to add? Blog, chat, something else???

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe video-conference capabilities? It might reduce the problems we run into with trying to explain things via text.

Post Thanks / Like

The photo gallery idea sounds great Salome!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ideas

I can't figure out the paypal thing though. Do you need a credit card for it?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm stucked at the pay pal thing also

Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

Hi ladies,

hope I can help. Moon, you don't have to have a credit card. But you would need a way to electronically donate money, either an echeck, paypal account, credit or debit card.

After you click the banner a new page opens. There is a box under the heading "price". Each person decides how much they want to donate and types that figure into the box. Let's say I decided to give 1 dollar. I enter 1.00 in the box. If you already have a paypal account you log in right below that. If you don't have an account it's ok, you don't need one. Just scroll down the page and click the "continute" button after the credit card images. You can use your visa, mastercard, discover or amex OR debit card.

p.s. thanks for the idea Kiadorin.
    Last edited by Salome; 02-09-2007 at 05:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be delighted to help out, but I really am old fashioned and uncomfortable about using my Visa number online (yes, yes, I know it's unreasonable). Is there an address or PO box where I could send a donation?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Shanazel,

Thanks!! Checks are fine Salome Productions, PO Box 186, Monroe, Oregon, 97456.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiadorin View Post
    Maybe video-conference capabilities?
    Great idea. It would be wonderful for forum members to be able to make video calls to each other. And it's something we can start right away. We created a new thread "Video conference and voice chat" with instructions on how members can do this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yshka View Post
    The photo gallery idea sounds great Salome!
    I found a photo gallery I'd like to install. It conveniently allows our forum members to use the same login and password to access the photo gallery as the forum. It costs $120.00 USD and as soon as enough donations come through it's the first thing we are going to purchase for the site.

p.s. within two days, since we published the donate button, we recieved $20.00 in donations. If it continues in this vein in ten days we'll be able to buy and install the photo gallery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast