Help support OrientalDancer.net

Salome

Administrator
Greetings everyone!

You may notice a new button on the forum, it's to the left, above the navigation bar :) that says Support OrientalDancer.net, with a donation. Anatoliy and I just wanted to say a few words in regards to donations.

OrientalDancer.net is Anatoliy and I's project and it is our financial responsibility which we will happily continue to honor. At the same time we would greatly appreciate donations, no matter the size, to help off set some of the costs. For example, we are hosted on a dedicated server so we can accomodate high traffic and we also pay for the forum. We'd also like to develop OrientalDancer.net bigger and better, like adding a feature for each member to have their own photo gallery and other items that will enhance the user's experience...

We'd like your feedback too - what features would you like OrientalDancer.net to add? Blog, chat, something else???

Moon

Nice ideas :)

I can't figure out the paypal thing though. Do you need a credit card for it?

Salome

Administrator
Hi ladies,

hope I can help. Moon, you don't have to have a credit card. But you would need a way to electronically donate money, either an echeck, paypal account, credit or debit card.

After you click the banner a new page opens. There is a box under the heading "price". Each person decides how much they want to donate and types that figure into the box. Let's say I decided to give 1 dollar. I enter 1.00 in the box. If you already have a paypal account you log in right below that. If you don't have an account it's ok, you don't need one. Just scroll down the page and click the "continute" button after the credit card images. You can use your visa, mastercard, discover or amex OR debit card.

p.s. thanks for the idea Kiadorin.

Last edited:

Shanazel

I would be delighted to help out, but I really am old fashioned and uncomfortable about using my Visa number online (yes, yes, I know it's unreasonable). Is there an address or PO box where I could send a donation?

Salome

Administrator
Hi Shanazel,

Thanks!! Checks are fine :) Salome Productions, PO Box 186, Monroe, Oregon, 97456.

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
The photo gallery idea sounds great Salome!

I found a photo gallery I'd like to install. It conveniently allows our forum members to use the same login and password to access the photo gallery as the forum. It costs $120.00 USD and as soon as enough donations come through it's the first thing we are going to purchase for the site.

p.s. within two days, since we published the donate button, we recieved $20.00 in donations. If it continues in this vein in ten days we'll be able to buy and install the photo gallery.

Zaynab

Keep us posted

Anatoly,

Tell us every so often how much have you raised.

We should all donate at least an amount comparative to a magazine subscription.

Kharmine

I am impatiently awaiting the release of a new debit card number so I can change it at PayPal so I can charge online.

Two days ago, I got a call from my credit union's security system informing me that somebody at Western Union had been attempting to charge my account for hundreds of dollars.

I said, "I haven't dealt with Western Union in two years!"
They said, "We know. Somebody hacked into Western Union's system and got a bunch of credit card numbers. We've been dealing with this all morning."

So meanwhile I deal in cash and checks. How primitive. But that new card is coming aaaaaaany day now...

Hmmm, meanwhile, for a fundraiser, how about a service where we can send e-cards for a small fee? Line up some public domain images of belly dancers and so forth, have some suggested captions and a place where we can write our own and where an e-copy can be sent automatically for, say, a buck or two. Not sure if that would cost more to set up than it would be worth, but something to consider.

chryssanthi sahar

I find it is a good idea to do donations for OrientalDancer.net, because you Anatoliy and Salome do a great work and I want you to go on doing it:D Besides this I find the idea of Picture gallery and video-conference very good, so I just did a donation to help you get the amount you need for it quicker;)

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
So far we've received $85. :dance:

Hmmm, meanwhile, for a fundraiser, how about a service where we can send e-cards for a small fee? Line up some public domain images of belly dancers and so forth, have some suggested captions and a place where we can write our own and where an e-copy can be sent automatically for, say, a buck or two. Not sure if that would cost more to set up than it would be worth, but something to consider.

The photo gallery we are talking about has the e-card feature built in. And it's free.

Maria_Aya

grrrrrrrr
Trying with Credit card, everytime it says, this card (i've changed 2) or this e-mail (changed 2) are already a paypal account (I DONT HAVE PAYPAL ACCOUNT grrr)

Any idea?

Maria Aya

Salome

Administrator
Hi Maria,

I'm not sure what is going on there! Let me ask Anatoliy for his advice, to be continued.

----------------------------

Hi again Maria,

I don't have any words of wisdom other than contacting paypal. Other people have been able to make donations without a paypal account so it seems it is set up properly. For some reason though it sounds like it is giving you a hard time. If you still want to donate, sending it by mail is always an option. Not as immediate but easy :)

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
Now that we have the photo gallery what would everyone like to have next? If folks have idea's let us know, then we can research how much it will cost and if other members would like to donate we could hopefully raise enough money to buy the next feature...