other exercise and belly dance

Ahava_Melantha

I have come to the conclusion that for my health AND for my journey to a better lifestyle AND weight, that belly dance can not be my ONLY exercise or cardio.*

So I am curious what kind of exercies and conditioning you guys do to either be better dancers or that compliment belly dancing?

BTW - sorry if this question has already been asked, had a hard time finding an answer*

Kashmir

For cardio I walk. I also teach an exercise class that is based on walking to music (with extras!). Unlike teaching belly dance I not only have to model the class (these are not dancers and quickly get lost in very short 4-8 count! combinations) but it moves almost continuously so you actually get some cardio. (Most of my belly dance classes are stop start and more focused on technique or expression)

Safran

As the snow has just recently melted, I dug out my bike from the storage and plan to work on the cardio-part with that. Another very popular thing around here is stickwalking. But to tone my muscles a bit more, I am currently going to the gym about twice a week.

Binjmen

Banned
Many people are comfortable in doing the same exercise routines. Like me sometimes, I usually enjoy dancing and than high intensity cardio workout for maintaining fitness . My parents choose jogging while my grandparents are used to walking.

Greek Bonfire

I have found that after a long time, if you do the same type of exercise, your body "gets used to it" and you have to change it up. While I have always found dancing to be very effective and the most fun type of workout, I do find that bike riding, pilates and recumbent biking do "jump start" my body into action again.

Munniko

I try and do a variety of body weight exercises, pilates (there is a great youtube channel for pilates work outs called blogilates), yoga, and other dance styles i.e. Zumba, Bollywood, and Bharatanatyam.

I gotta keep a lot of tools in my belt because I get bored really really easily.