Dance and music camp

Salome

Administrator
Portland has an amazing event coming up, Portland Music and Dance Camp! If you are in the area, or able to travel, consider it! I know the organizer personally and she has a great line up of teachers. Thanks to Belinda for her support of the forum. Check out her camp by clicking the Portland Music and Dance Camp banner at the bottom of any forum page.

Dunyah

I'll be there with several members of my band. We are really excited about this opportunity to learn more about the music. Karim Nagy is going to be there, which is wonderful. I've had classes with him before and I am so impressed with him.

I am also excited to study dance with Lee Ali and Sedona Soulfire.

Just hope I can keep my energy levels up to do it all.

For us it is so much more affordable than going all the way to Mendocino. I'm stoked about it and I hope she is able to continue it for years to come.

Salome

Administrator
Hi Dunyah,

I've been to Mendocino camp and it's fabulous. BUT it is a long way and it takes place now the same weekend as Gypsy Caravan Stage, so you know it's out for me for the duration. I love that this is dance AND music, that's how it should be :cool: I agree whole heartedly, I hope it does well and becomes an annual event!!!

Salome

Administrator
Are there any dance and music camps around Oklahoma? :(

I've never heard of a camp in Oklahoma but Bahia has a camp in Texas. Cabaret camp or hot dance camp or ... I can't quite remember the name. Google her name I bet her camp will come up. I don't know how far that would be from you but maybe close enough to travel to?

Farasha Hanem

I can ask my friends from class if any of them want to go, Hubby would never allow me to travel alone. Thank you for the info, Salome, I'll look it up online. Hugs!

AndreaSTL

Farasha, are you thinking of going to Portland or Austin? If you're going to Austin, I might be able to swing by and pick you up. It will be tight but doable. This will be my third time going to camp - I love it! I also vend there, which is why I drive. I spend the night in Dallas, pick up another dancer, and head on down to camp. There are some people who fly into San Antonio and drive in. They join up either at a hotel or at the airport. Of course, it's always fun to recruit local dancers for a road trip, too. If you e-mail Bahaia she can fill you in and maybe hook you up with another person arriving alone.

The Portland event sounds like a lot of fun! I love the emphasis on music.

Farasha Hanem

@Andrea When is the date for the one in Austin, and do they have (this is probably a stupid question! >.> ) a web site? :shok: