FARASHA HANEM! Are you okay??

Farasha Hanem

^^ I have the BEST FRIENDS in the entire world! <3<3<3 All OVER the world! :D

Zorba, ILU! XD I need Mosaic's "roll on the floor laughing all over the place" smiley right about now! xD

Bast

Oh, golly, I'm so sorry I had you worried! My family and I are fine, thank you so much. I came home early from work to be at home with my kids because the hubby is at work, and the daughter was asleep for work tonight. We had a tornado very close to our apartment yesterday afternoon, but even though we were under a tornado warning today, it missed us. Calling you right now. <3

EDIT: oops, you're not home... :redface:

There have been a number of deaths reported today, especially in Moore, which is pretty much devastated. Schools were leveled, as well as a 7-11, where a family of three were found dead (one was a five-month-old baby). :( Recovery efforts are now being conducted in the areas of devastation. Governor Mary Fallon is doing everything she can to organize relief efforts, and I believe we are in a state of emergency.

One died in yesterday's storm in Edmond. Two tornados touched down practically in my backyard yesterday afternoon, headed toward Walmart and Shawnee Mall, but thankfully didn't make it into town. Here is a picture of one of them, taken in the doorway of our apartment:

View attachment 9607

When I saw the debris flying around the bottom of the funnel, I decided I didn't need to be taking pictures, but had a hard time closing the front door. The wind was whistling loudly, and I had a bit of a Dorothy moment there. A bit too close for my comfort.

Please pray and send good thoughts Greek Bonfire's way---she said on FB that this storm is headed her way. :(

Oh my gosh. I would have wet my pants if i saw that out of my door.

I missed all of this, I don't watch the news if I can help it.

The devastation those things wreak is just horrible. I'm glad you're safe. My heart goes out to all of those affected.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Here you go Farasha
& you might like this one
:D
~M

Shanazel

I'm sorry I missed your call Farasha. Eight days of entertaining the World's Most Amazing Grandchild has kept me running but Roy let me know you were okay. He took our boy back home tonight, though, so I'm back online. House seems awfully quiet with no little voice talking and singing.:(

Farasha Hanem

Awwww! :( Big hugs!

I need to go to sleep for work, but I'm so addicted to the forum! >.>;;;
Shan, I'll try to get hold of you another time. I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your grandson!

Love you all! <3<3<3

Aniseteph

So glad you are OK Farasha. The news here has been saying about how supportive communities are out there, which is wonderful - I envy you that. The tornados not so much. Stay safe!

Ælfscine

Glad you are safe, Farasha

Hi...

I'm glad to hear that your are safe, Farasha. We have had our share of bad weather in Ontario (Canada) but nothing as bad, it would seem, as what you have gone through. My brother, Ælfstangard, is part of the Canadian Armed Forces Disaster Rescue team. He has spent most of the last two months up to his butt in freezing water. Most of the time it is to protect people from themselves. For instance, his group had to stop some people from trying to get to their flooded home in an aluminum boat with an outboard motor. Were they not stopped, they would have been heading right for possibly live submerged high voltage lines. Another time, they had to stop another boat but when they pulled it over, they found in it diving equipment, break-in tools and several sacks of mostly gold and silver items and jewellery that could be melted down and sold. I hope these people get the book thrown at them. Can you believe it?! In some countries such people can lose a right hand or one's head for theft. I sometimes wish it could be done in Canada. These people deserve it. It just makes me boil!

Anyway, take care of yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers,

Ælfscine

Last edited: