Juicer recommendation

AndreaSTL

I am not much of a vegetable lover, but I've found that if I mix in enough fruit I can mask the flavor in smoothies. I'm thinking I'd like to try using a juicer once or twice a day, but I have no idea what to look for and what to avoid. Do any of you use a juicer that you can recommend or advise I not purchase? I figure I will have to spend around $200, but I really don't want to go much higher than that if possible. Thanks for any help!

Farasha Hanem

I wish I had recommendations to give you, Andrea. :( I want to start juicing, too, but at the time our store was carrying juicers was around the same time my hours were cut severely. There is a web site called "Hunger For Change," but I don't know if they give any juicer recommendations or not. Maybe we should both browse their site and see! :D

AndreaSTL

You want me to do my own research? Have you gone mad, woman? :shok:

When I posted this I was frustrated with reviews because for every positive entry there would also be a negative one. I realize that the people here might also have conflicting reviews, but I figured I could at least ask any specific questions about what they thought. I just found on Amazon a review for a Breville model with over 2,000 reviews and rated at 4 1/2 stars. That sounds like a pretty good overall happiness rate, so I'm going to try to find a local place to buy it if I can. Even better is that it's on the lower end of the price range - sweet!