Tribal? Gypsy? Whatever it is... it's for sale! $50

Wylfenne

Pretty, black, red and gold embroidered costume. Never Worn. Tribal? Gypsy? Renn Faire?

Made from a very light, sheerish fabric I'm guessing to be some kind of gauze. The vest is lined with black satiny fabric. The details are embroidered with a shiny thread and tiny sequins.

Vest measures 33" under bust and closes with Velcro. I was going to sew in little hooks to secure the closing because I don't trust Velcro. Never got around to it tho... and then it went into storage where it resided most uneventfully for the last few years with all my other belly dance stuff. Laying flat it measures 15" shoulder to shoulder across the top, and is 15-1/2" long. Armpit to armpit measures 20".

Circle skirt has elastic waist band and is 28" around completely relaxed, 56" Full stretch. Skirt is 36" long. Detail and designs along the bottom go all the way around the skirt.

Veil is 44" x 100" and beautifully embroidered.

gypsy1.jpggypsy3..jpggypsy4.jpggypsy2..jpggypsy5.jpg

walladah

it is Gypsy and Turkish!

Yes, i think it must be Gypsy of Turkey or the south Balkans, very Ottoman style of outfit!

It is gorgeous!

Dunyah

I have a couple of sets like this. You can pair them with a coin bra and belt for a more ethnic look, or a beaded and fringed set for a more cabaret look. I've worn sets like this at outdoor gigs, festivals and just plain old American Cabaret style performances. I almost always wear a vest for the extra coverage and I like full sirts, so it suits me.