Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad

I am so sorry about your glasses. I'm also sorry that I have no helpful suggestions for you, just lots of big cyber hugs.

Post Thanks / Like

Pros to breaking glasses: can now see what practicewear DOESN'T work for skype classes in my studio. My apologies for the olive-green pants in my green studio!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darshiva View Post
    If you will look at the picture I posted (please tell me it's showing up for you, I can see it perfectly fine) there isn't enough of the nose piece on one side to do the tape trick or I would not be complaining about not having glasses right now.

Glue and welding won't work as they are made of titanium.
    Yep - the picture is clear and shows the disaster.

I'm not suggesting reconnecting the bridge (the metal curved bit that is broken beyond repair) but connecting the two nose rests (the clear pieces that rest the glasses on either side of the nose). They still look intact, and I wondered whether you could connect them together with a short piece of something (thin wire/string), leaving enough gap between for the wire/string to rest on your nose, as a temporary measure.

Post Thanks / Like

yes Duvet, that might work. I'm thinking- tape wire to the metal on the outer sides of the glass and let it follow the curve over the glass, then down under (and possibly around) the clear nose rest pieces, forming a new nose bridge piece.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    yes Duvet, that might work. I'm thinking- tape wire to the metal on the outer sides of the glass and let it follow the curve over the glass, then down under (and possibly around) the clear nose rest pieces, forming a new nose bridge piece.
    hey, I was going to suggest that..

Darshiva: I hope it works well for you. Just be sure you choose a type of metal wire you wont get any allergic reactions to.

Post Thanks / Like

I've borrowed hubby's (non perscription) sunnies to take care of the glare blindness, and it turns out I can see oncoming blobs well enough to avoid them (particularly if I let other people dictate when to cross the road and making sure that they're closer to oncoming traffic so if pasting happens it's not me! :P ) so I shall manage for the three weeks it's going to take for my appointment to finally come around. It's glasses season, apparently, so there are no bookings to be had for 3-4 hours in any direction until early August.

Upside is that my chosen new frames are pretty awesome and the place I'm booked in at has a 2 for 1 deal so I can get a nice performance pair and a pair for every day.

Flexible for everyday use:

Rimless for allowing my performance makeup to be visible if I want to actually see my audience:

And yes, they both come with bling on the arms, which influenced my decision not just a little!

Post Thanks / Like

Take the lenses out of the broken frames.... find an old pair of sunglasses... knock the lenses out of them... tape the real lenses to this frame... I'm a Canadian and have faithfully watched the Red Green Show... It teaches you new innovative ways to use duct tape... LOL..... it's worth a try... Good Luck Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to second the off-the-peg reading glasses idea and suggest ebay or amazon, but it if you are short-sighted that won't help.

I do like BigJim's idea; how lateral is that? They'd look strange and I suppose the lenses probably wouldn't be centred right, but I admire the improvisational practicality. You could always bedazzle the duct tape (no don't hit me....).

Hope you get it sorted soon - vision issues are a PITA.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the suggestions on how to fix the situation while I wait for a new pair of glasses. I was actually hoping more for some inspiration on how to continue my dance practice and maybe learn some new stuff whilst I'm temporarily vision impaired. But I do appreciate the thought that has gone into each of your posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps you could use the time to do some intense, emotional practice sessions where you really FEEL the music in your body, and FEEL the movement, feeling the muscles play under the skin etc etc. Like when you loose one sense, other senses become stronger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast