Urgent - campaign to end sexual harassment in Egypt. 1 day to go!

Roshanna

Hi all,

I'd just like to let you know about this campaign to prevent sexual harassment in Egypt.

HarassMap - donate & help end sexual harassment in Egypt | Indiegogo

As you're probably aware, sexual harassment and assault are serious problems facing women in Egypt. I think that this group is doing really excellent work to fight the problem, but with only a day left on their fundraising campaign, they are still a long way from reaching their target. So far only around 300 people have donated - it would only take a total of 4000 people donating $50 each to meet the target, which is not a huge number in the scheme of things on the internet.

I know that a lot of people here care deeply about Egypt and its people, so if all of you shared this with your dance contacts, and made a donation if possible, however small, we could help to make a real improvement for Egyptian women.

I'm not normally one to bother people about charity things, but after donating to this campaign several weeks ago, I was really dismayed when I got an update recently saying they were still so far from the target, and that so few people had donated. I can't believe there aren't more people out there who would support this campaign if they knew about it!