Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone taken a Bozenka workshop?

End august I will have the oppotunity to take a few workshops at the Beata and Horacio festivalo in Berlin. Bozenka will be teaching and her workshop descriptions sound pretty interesting, but I don't know much of her style. She looks great on Youtube though. Has anyone taken a workshop from her and could tell a bit about her as a teacher?
    Or alternatively, seen her perform live?

Post Thanks / Like

She did a workshop here a long time ago; I can't remember exactly when but I'm thinking it's been about seven years. I didn't take the class, but I did go to the show. Her performance was wonderful, and I bought a DVD (which I rarely do). I had a scheduling conflict for the daytime, and after I saw her I was even sorrier I couldn't make it to the class. I can't speak as to how she teaches, but her performance was good.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested to hear the answer to this too! I'm definitely going to sign up for the Reda workshops, but I was wavering on Bozenka. It's a lot of money in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you going to Berlin, Atisheh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    Are you going to Berlin, Atisheh?
    Quite conveniently, I am in Berlin!

By the way, which workshops are you thinking of taking? I'm most interested in her #2 and #3, i.e., the technique ones. I'm not so crazy for choreo workshops, although I know most people are.
    Last edited by Shanazel; 08-12-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

How fun! I was looking at your location in your post and thought Texas was a long way to come. We might even be able to meet then

I also think #2 and #3 look best, but since I will be in the group competition on saturday, I think I will have to focus on that, and hang out and prep with the troupe instead of taking workshops. It will make me too nervous. So probably #3 is my first choice, but #1 is ok too. I quite like choreography.

I am set on taking Eman Zakis costume tricks workshop.
    Still contemplating on whether or not to take Mahmoud Reda/Melaya Leff and/or one with Mercedes Nieto. The only one of hers that fit my schedule is Tango-Oriental and I am not too keen on that. I could probably catch Mercedes another time somewhere in Europe.

Ok I am rambling, but this has been the constant monologue in my head since they uploaded the workshop-descriptions and timetable. Gaaah!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    End august I will have the oppotunity to take a few workshops at the Beata and Horacio festivalo in Berlin. Bozenka will be teaching and her workshop descriptions sound pretty interesting, but I don't know much of her style. She looks great on Youtube though. Has anyone taken a workshop from her and could tell a bit about her as a teacher?
    Or alternatively, seen her perform live?
    I've never taken a workshop from her or seen her perform live, but I wish I could! She's one of my favorite American dancers. I love her style! She is just amazing... don't miss the opportunity!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will, thanks for the enabling, Yame

I'll let you guys know how it was if I take the classes.

Post Thanks / Like

I wound up signing up for the three Reda workshops, but not for the Bozenka. What are you going to be doing?

Post Thanks / Like

I chose bozenka 1 and 3 and the eman zaki workshop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast