Anyone taken a Bozenka workshop?

gisela

Super Moderator
End august I will have the oppotunity to take a few workshops at the Beata and Horacio festivalo in Berlin. Bozenka will be teaching and her workshop descriptions sound pretty interesting, but I don't know much of her style. She looks great on Youtube though. Has anyone taken a workshop from her and could tell a bit about her as a teacher?
Or alternatively, seen her perform live?

AndreaSTL

She did a workshop here a long time ago; I can't remember exactly when but I'm thinking it's been about seven years. I didn't take the class, but I did go to the show. Her performance was wonderful, and I bought a DVD (which I rarely do). I had a scheduling conflict for the daytime, and after I saw her I was even sorrier I couldn't make it to the class. I can't speak as to how she teaches, but her performance was good.

atisheh

I'm interested to hear the answer to this too! I'm definitely going to sign up for the Reda workshops, but I was wavering on Bozenka. It's a lot of money in the end.

atisheh

Are you going to Berlin, Atisheh?

Quite conveniently, I am in Berlin!

By the way, which workshops are you thinking of taking? I'm most interested in her #2 and #3, i.e., the technique ones. I'm not so crazy for choreo workshops, although I know most people are.

Last edited by a moderator:

gisela

Super Moderator
How fun! I was looking at your location in your post and thought Texas was a long way to come. We might even be able to meet then :)

I also think #2 and #3 look best, but since I will be in the group competition on saturday, I think I will have to focus on that, and hang out and prep with the troupe instead of taking workshops. It will make me too nervous. So probably #3 is my first choice, but #1 is ok too. I quite like choreography.

I am set on taking Eman Zakis costume tricks workshop.
Still contemplating on whether or not to take Mahmoud Reda/Melaya Leff and/or one with Mercedes Nieto. The only one of hers that fit my schedule is Tango-Oriental and I am not too keen on that. I could probably catch Mercedes another time somewhere in Europe.

Ok I am rambling, but this has been the constant monologue in my head since they uploaded the workshop-descriptions and timetable. :lol: Gaaah!

Yame

End august I will have the oppotunity to take a few workshops at the Beata and Horacio festivalo in Berlin. Bozenka will be teaching and her workshop descriptions sound pretty interesting, but I don't know much of her style. She looks great on Youtube though. Has anyone taken a workshop from her and could tell a bit about her as a teacher?
Or alternatively, seen her perform live?

I've never taken a workshop from her or seen her perform live, but I wish I could! She's one of my favorite American dancers. I love her style! She is just amazing... don't miss the opportunity!

gisela

Super Moderator
I think I will, thanks for the enabling, Yame :)

I'll let you guys know how it was if I take the classes.

atisheh

I wound up signing up for the three Reda workshops, but not for the Bozenka. What are you going to be doing?

gisela

Super Moderator
Ok, bozenka is my new Dance crush. She was absolutely amazing, both on stage and as a teacher. If anyone has a chance to take a workshop with her, DO IT! I feel like a different dancer after meeting her.

Last edited: