Y'know what I wish?

Farasha Hanem

I guess I've wished for a lot of things, but in passing, if that makes sense. I've never really just sat down and thought a out it. Hmmmmm...I wish:

1. I can progress fast enough in my dance to someday become a teacher before I get too old to move, let alone dance
2. To travel all across the Middle East and India, learning from dance teachers in both folkloric, and classical Indian styles, and to hang out with the people
3. Learn to play the darbuka and mizmar
4. Travel all around the world and meet all my OD friends <3<3<3

Darshiva

I wish I had the werewithal to support the events that I'd like to support instead of picking & choosing and having event after event fly by without me attending because of life's little moments *glares at broken glasses*

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I have no idea what I wish, other than to go back to Egypt, maybe for longer time than before:)
~M

Farasha Hanem

I wish to go WITH you! :D

@Darshiva *hugs* I'll be so glad for you when you get your new glasses.

Last edited:

Aniseteph

Project runway belly dance would be good, but they'd have to give the costumes a proper test run, with turbo shimmies.

I've often though about how cool a world OD tour would be.

I wish I had the self-discipline and motivation to practise more, and finish costumes and use them.

Shanazel

Imagine the unconventional materials challenge for Project BD Runway: things you can find in a ranch and farm store; dumpster diving for goodies in the alley off Broadway; garbage bags, saran wrap, aluminum foil, and toothpicks...

Wylfenne

Imagine the unconventional materials challenge for Project BD Runway: things you can find in a ranch and farm store; dumpster diving for goodies in the alley off Broadway; garbage bags, saran wrap, aluminum foil, and toothpicks...

Totally up my alley of strange costume ideas that I've laughed myself silly over. Seriously... Sometimes I'm tempted to make 'em up and try to sell 'em on Ebay... they'd probably end up in the WTF were they thinking costume section of the forum ;) I swear tho... one day. I *will* make my painted pasta noodle bedlah, if for nothing else but to say I did!

I wish... I hadn't stopped dancing for almost ten years. I want to weep when I think of all the things I could have been doing all this time, and how far I could have gone... all the joy I've missed, just so stuck in a rut going nowhere.

Shanazel

You can't restart any sooner than right now so welcome back to the obsession!

I can hardly WAIT to see that pasta noodle bedlah. Little bow tie noodles for nipple ornaments, those tiny little tubes to stand in for bugle beads... :dance:

I used to know people who lived in Snohomish. That's such a great name. Wonder if they are still there after all these decades?

Shanazel

Well, we did manage to get together on Skype thanks to Dar and her lovely husband. :clap:

I volunteer my house for the western USA portion of the OD tour. :D

Wylfenne

You can't restart any sooner than right now so welcome back to the obsession!

I can hardly WAIT to see that pasta noodle bedlah. Little bow tie noodles for nipple ornaments, those tiny little tubes to stand in for bugle beads... :dance:

I used to know people who lived in Snohomish. That's such a great name. Wonder if they are still there after all these decades?

Yep... I'm back to dancing! And for good this time! :)

Oh, now I *have* to build the painted noodle bedlah. :lol: It's been kicking around in my head for a decade... of course then I'll have to dance with it... THAT will roll some eyes. All in good fun!

Snohomish is a pretty nifty place, really... Your friends might still be around! Lots of long timers here!

AndreaSTL

Hey, c'mon, lurkers! Forty-one views and none of you have wishes?

Come into the light. :D
I wish frogs had wings so they wouldn't bump their butts on the ground. ;)

I wish the weight came off as easily as it went on. I wish Willy Wonka's inventions were real. Those two kind of contradict each other, don't they? I wish Project Runway was like it used to be when it began (and I would totally watch a costumer season).

Munniko

2. To travel all across the Middle East and India, learning from dance teachers in both folkloric, and classical Indian styles, and to hang out with the people

On #2 I might have a possible Bharatanatyam teacher or someone who could find you a local hook-up? I also just found a traveling company that does Kathak lessons. So pm me if you want those details.

I totally agree on #4

Right now I wish I had more flexibility in the back of my legs so I could progress faster and not have to be in high heels to shimmy.