Dance message to your future self

Shanazel

If you could send an email to yourself, to be delivered 3 years -or 30- from now, what would you say to you?

Me:

Three years: Honey, have you considered taking up a face veil as a dance fashion accessory? You could easily string it from your bifocals and it would be so much cheaper than a face lift.

Thirty years: Still at it, my dear? That ninetieth birthday will be here before you know it; maybe a public performance is in order. Trust me, a walker is a great belly dance prop.

Darshiva

"Keep finding that one person you look up to. Sure, you're a better dancer than I am now, but if you stagnate so help me I am going to reach across time and slap you. I didn't slog my guts out just so you could slack off. Get back to work."

Why would I say this? I know me. If I don't keep pushing myself, I will just sit around saying 'yup, I'm good enough'. In fact, that's what happened after I did the teachers retreat and one of my bellydance idols complimented my dancing. (why do you think I've suddenly taken up tribal lessons? There's a whole lot of 'don't get so cocky, sweetheart, you're a beginner now' in that decision!)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Keep moving sweetheart, just use slower music, don't want you toppling over & breaking a hip & don't worry about the creaking joints, you can use them as dance props instead of zills;)
~Mosaic

Shanazel

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Creaking in rhythm.

Cracks for doums, creaks for teks.

Imagine the performance possibilities for people with stiff fingers- or toes!

:lol:

I'm dyin' here.