I'm new here & want to say hello

Kedma

Hello, my name is Julie. I have been reading posts on this forum for a while and have finally plucked up the courage to join in.

I have only been dancing just over eighteen months after I saw an advert for a class at my local community centre and I am totally hooked! I have a very encouraging teacher and although we are a small group everyone gets on really well. When I first joined the class I had been going through some difficult times, but learning to dance and finding my new dancing friends has done wonders for my confidence and well-being.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Welcome to the forum - and welcome to the dance! Sister dancers can be just wonderful, can't they?

Kedma

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I uploaded a picture to my profile but it isn't showing up, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Darshiva

It's because you set your profile picture, not your avatar. I had similar confusion when I first joined the forum. :)

Go to settings, then scroll down to edit avatar and click on the link. Upload (or link to) a pic that fits the required dimensions & file size & type, click save and then post somewhere on the forum. If the avatar doesn't show up beside your name still, let us know.

There's a weirdness with sigs that means they haven't been showing up on old posts before you changed it, so in case that's what's happening with the avatar as well, I suggest you post first to check the new avatar has taken.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Selene

Hi Julie, nice to meet you!

I'm Pam ♥ and I am also new in here. I am also relatively new to the belly dance world (at least officially) and I am loving everything about it!!!!!!!!! just like you, I have been reading the forum for months, but I finally decided to make a profile today ^_^

I am happy to hear that bellydancing has make your life happier!