Ya albi

seona

I have a CD which I won in a competition :D and I really love a track on there called ya albi. The CD is called street music of Cairo, it's a compilation and annoyingly only gives track names not the singer! I've looked it up & found a link to a thread on bhuz which discusses the song but no translation. The general thought there was that it was a sad song. I know this is no help - but I don't know how to link song from my iTunes to here, so I'm hoping someone out there may know the song & be able to translate! I looked on youtube but couldn't find, but will keep looking! Thanks!

BeatriceC

If you can't find a translation out there online, there are a couple of dancers who live/work in Cairo who offer translation services at *very* reasonable rates.

Sophia Maria

I'm sorry, I tried, but I can't find it yet! I will keep looking, though. (And in the meantime I'm finding some nifty stuff!)

seona

Thanks Beatrice, I would consider that option if I ever decided to perform to that track, I just like to listen/dance at home to it, it's a really nice song and I was curious of the translation.

And thanks too sophia Maria, I just can't find in youtube! Maybe one day it'll appear.

Sorry for late reply- dodgy Internet connection!