Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for teachers or mentors

I'm not entirely sure if this goes in this forum or another one but I've been wanting to seek guidance. I've been doing videos since February since I can't afford classes. I know the likelyhood of finding a teacher that'd be willing to teach for free is slim to none since I'm still very much penniless.

Anyway, I think my level it still technically beginner regardless of using the videos to familiarize myself. Does anyone know of a good teacher in the Lansing, Michigan area? I did try to look through google search but according to their websites, no one was holding classes at this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there! Great that you are looking into classes - and yes, you are a beginner. I have been dance training for 6 years - 1-3 classes per week and I am just now thinking of considering myself a low level intermediate. I found a list of teachers in your area, though i don't know much about any of them as I am in a different part of the country. But perhaps you can contact some of these folks and check them out.

Belly dance classes in Lansing, Michigan

You might also post a question on the Bhuz: Bhuz.com - Belly Dance Central Good luck and I hope you find a great teacher. (Keep in mind that you might have to travel a bit to work with someone really good. I drive an hour each way to my classes because my teacher is brilliant!)

Teachers throughout Michigan http://us.bellydanceclasses.net/michigan/
    Last edited by Kartane; 09-11-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much!