Photogallery is installed

Salome

Administrator
Thanks to the donations from members of this community we were able to purchase a photogallery!! Anatoliy just installed it tonight, the layout still needs to be customized, there may be some glitches etc. We also are not totally versed on all the functions and features yet. But it's ready to use, so let's start uploading our pictures, and we can figure it out as we go along. We created several categories already and are open to creating more as members see fit. Post all questions, comments, suggestions, want's, desires, etc. here. About the photo gallery that is :)

Main Index - Belly Dance Photo Gallery

Salome

Administrator
Thanks. I just threw some on there to get the ball rolling. Looking forward to seeing everyone elses!

Venefica

Oh your pictures are beautiful.

I dont think I have alot to contribute to the gallery, my atemnts at bellydance for now can be be described a clumsy elephant atemnting to dance. ;) But I cant wait to see what others will come up whit.

Madeline

Every time I try to upload a picture, I get this message:

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/local/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 67x100 -quality 70 -geometry 67x100 -unsharp 10 '/home/anatoliy_od/public_html/photo-gallery/data/500/thumbs/Madeline.jpg'

What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Azeeza

Wow! Salome, I didn't know that your mother was/is a dancer! How neat it that? Well, the photo site is neat too! I'm glad that Orientaldancer.net was able to install the wonderful feature with the help of donations :)!

Azeeza

Shanazel

Okay. There is a first for everything. I posted not one, but two pictures that my son took. Hope I don't live to regret this- if my 13 year old daughter finds out, I will never live it down.

I adore the pictures of your mom- I've wanted to see her for almost two years. She's gorgeous. I especially love the picture of you dancing together- such happiness!

Shanazel

Azeeza

Gosh Salome:

You and your mom are beautiful!

Have you ever performed a duet together?

Just curious,

Azeeza

Yshka

I posted some!! I love the photogallery feature, so nice to see all of you that are a part of this great community:cool:

chryssanthi sahar

I find the photo gallery such a great feature of the forum:D Salome and Anatoliy, thank you so much for spending the money of the donation to install it:dance:

By the way Salome, I was also surprised to find out that your mom is (or was) a belly dancer too:D So you learned the belly dance from young age and this is great! It is so nice to share such a beautiful passion with your own mom. My daughter also shares it with me and I am so proud of her, because she is a wonderful dancer:D

sylvie_aziyade

Wow Outi, I just watched your photos, they are great ! the one with the pink costume specially... So you had a photo session with THE Mahmoud Reda :D ! I did not know he is a photographer too, but he does good.

Outi

Thanks!

Mahmoud Read has been taking photos and even developing them for decades. Whe he travelled in Egypt researching for dance etc. He took many wonderful photos. He has been taking photos of his troupe too. He has many photos hanging in the walls of his studio, so it's always a pleasure to visit there.

I hope the project of making a book of his photos from his travels will come true. Nesma from Spain is making a big effort to publish it.

sylvie_aziyade

Very interesting, thank you Outi. I also hope this book project comes true ! It would be a wonderful ressource for all dancers.

By the way, are you making a CD ? Please let us know :) !