Estonian dancer in Cairo - BLOG!

Khaira

For those interested about reading how life and work happens in Cairo through the experience of an Estonian oriental dancer (now working in Cairo Opera), join my blog and start reading!
Im happy to share...
Eat, sleep, breathe...dance!

KAIDI

gisela

Super Moderator
I have read a bit of it already. It is very interesting to follow your experiences in Cairo.

MizzNaaa

Okay, thanks for the link it's interesting to see what you think about our culture.

I would like to point out one thing though; Egyptian brides' experiences vary depending on where they come from and what class they come from. I know it's not intentional but I've seen too many blogs talk about our wedding customs and traditions, married life, family relations...etc. While they only socialized with a certain class/sub culture and then offer it as absolute truths (you haven't done that, I'm talking in general).

Things like parading the furniture for the wife is done by a certain class/sub culture. I come from a different class/sub culture so when I get married, I'd never do something like that; our own wedding traditions are a bit different.

Just food for thought, and thanks again for your blog, I'll keep an eye out for new posts.