Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Been Awhile

Hey everyone!

I'm sort of new to the forums. I posted on here several months ago and then, life got busy and I disappeared. A lot has happened since then. I finished my college degree in Creative Writing and English. About six months after completing my degree, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I'm slowly getting back into being active again. Two months ago, I moved to Pasadena, TX and started a new job. I'm staying with family while I work on paying off some medical bills and saving up for an apartment.

Before all this, I was living in the town of Kerrville, which is part of the Hill Country. I can honestly say I don't miss it. I grew up in the Houston area, so for me, this is home. I'm happy to be back!

I've been doing Yoga, which I've found to be very helpful with Fibromyalgia. I do a little Belly dance online, although, it's not the same as attending live classes. I'm not quite at the point where I can afford classes, but I'm getting there. I'm itching to start Belly dance again! It is the only dance I've tried and I'm loving it! The styles I like the most are Tribal and Egyptian. I love the costumes and look forward to making my own one day! I need to learn how to sew first!

I'm glad to be back on here and I'll try to be a regular participate in the forums. I look forward to learning from you all!

Happy Shimmies!

Tasha
    Last edited by gisela; 11-04-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: changed to default color text.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, Tasha! I'm so glad that you are getting better and stronger, physically, financially, and in every other good way!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome back! You know, you can learn how to sew by making costume parts .

btw, I changed your text color to default as the members who uses the green and white forum skin (like me) can't see the text if it is white. If it is set as default it will automatically be black on the white background and white on the purple background.
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Farasha!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Gisela!

I know nothing about sewing and costume parts. A little guidance perhaps? I was thinking of making my own belt.

Thanks for the tidbit regarding the font. I changed the font because I couldn't see it on the purple. It was after I submitted my post that I noticed I could change the forum skin. I like the green and white best.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back & congrats on completing your degree.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back! So sorry to hear you've developed fibromyalgia. Have you heard about the Brazilian study that found that women who belly danced experienced less pain from their fibromyalgia than those who did not?

More information at this link: Belly dance reduced pain in fibromyalgia patients | Rheumatology

Full details about the study at this link: Effectiveness of Dance on Patients With Fibromyalgia - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

Post Thanks / Like

Ooohhh, I need to read those! Thank you for posting that. Belly dance is good for everything!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Mosaic. It was a long time in the making. I'm glad I was finally able to complete my degree.