High Ankle Sprain

BigJim

I am not a happy camper right now... I've been sidelined from dancing for 9 days now with a high ankle sprain... the swelling has gone down quite a bit... there is no real pain in the foot ... my toes are not black anymore... but I'm still thinking at least a couple of more weeks off... I'm thinking better to rest it a little longer than to go back to soon...

Time to figure out some choreography or work on the zills...

Any comments appreciated and apologies for having you listen to me complain... Jim

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I know what that is like. I was sidelined from dancing for 7 weeks with a major strain of my right foot from dancing. Make sure you take off enough time to let it heal fully before jumping back into dancing. Also, as much as we hate it, give it rest. I'm such a poor patient when it comes to that.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Oh dear sounds nasty that is for sure. Wise decision to rest the foot/ankle for a goodly length of time. How on earth did you manage to sprain your ankle so badly? Anyway working on choreographies &/or zills sounds like a good idea to keep you occupied. Hope you'll be back dancing soon.
~Mosaic

Shanazel

Ouch.

OUCH!

Poor you. I'd offer hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies in addition to the sympathy if you were nearby. No apologies necessary, at least for me. I firmly believing that bitching can be therapeutic. :dance:

Aniseteph

Owww.

Yeah, best to take it slow rather than push your luck and set yourself back. Joints and ligaments can take a long time to heal.

LuLu

In the future with injuries like that you should look into acupuncture. Being a Martial Artist besides a Dancer I have seen that work wonders on many injuries including ankle injuries. Just a suggestion. I hope you feel better.

Pleasant dancer

Ouch! A word of advice from someone who had a bad ankle sprain over 2 years ago and still can feel it occasionally (!) - keep it strapped up when you go back to dancing, for a long time too. It really helps.

BigJim

Many thanks for all your kind words.... the major symptoms have healed up although there is still some slight swelling and bruising still remaining.... I have started dancing again but any kind of spin work is still out of the question... I picked up an ankle brace and I'm going to use Pleasant Dancer's advice to keep it strapped up .... My daughter took a photo of it just after I hurt it... not sure if she still has it... would be to gruesome to post just before Christmas...