Daimona

It is time to pull out our traditions and have a sign-up for the 2013 Advent Calendar (Dec 1-25), and the Goblin calendar (Dec 25-Jan 6). These are the available or taken dates:

1 Daimona
2 Amulya
3 Mosaic
4 Shanazel
5 Aniseteph
6 Walladah
7 Shanazel
8 Daimona
9 Ariadne
10 Darshiva
11 Safran
13 Darshiva
14 Sophia Maria
16 Shanazel
17 Dunyah
18 Daimona
20 Safran
21 Shanazel
22 Walladah
23 Aniseteph
24 Shanazel
25 (everyone can post something)

Available Goblin calendar dates are:
Dec 25 Daimona
Dec 26 Amulya
Dec 27 Walladah
Dec 28 Dunyah
Dec 29
Dec 30
Dec 31
Jan 1
Jan 2 Walladah
Jan 3
Jan 4
Jan 5
Jan 6 Shanazel

If you want to participate in one or both of the calendars
  1. choose a date (tell us which date you want to contribute by making a post in this thread) and
  2. make a forum post in the calendar thread at the given date.

What is this?

If you want to continue the tradition of the advent calendar, sign-up for a date between Dec 1 and Dec 25 above and prepare a treat to post on your date, such as a poem, a video, a recipe, a special greeting, a photograph etc. If you are new to this forum and this tradition or need some inspiration, take a look at the previous calendars: 2012 (signup), 2011 (sign-up), 2010 (sign-up) and 2009 (sign-up).

For the past years, we've also had a Goblin calendar for the 12 days between Dec 25 and Jan 6. According to Greek traditions, these days are called dodecameron (12-day time) and they are days of feast, tricks, fun, tolerance and jokes and those who want to participate should compose a post within this context.
Why a "Goblin calendar"? The goblins live in the underworld during the entire year, cutting little by little the tree on which the earth is based. At the Christmas Eve the tree trunk stands up on a tiny piece of wood. Just before the moment of the world's destruction the goblins leave the underworld and on Christmas day they walk around on earth, teasing people, stealing food and sweets, messing up the house warehouses, break into homes to eat the food that is prepared etc. When sun rises on January 6th, e.g. when Christ was baptized, the Holy Ghost appears and the goblins rush into the underworld to continue cutting the tree. But the tree has recovered during the holy days and they now have to work hard for the new year to cut it off again, till the next Christmas day. These are the previous goblin calendars: 2012/2013 (signup), 2011/2012 (signup), 2010/2011.

Last edited:

Shanazel

May I have December 21st? And if we don't have a huge sign up January 6 as well?

I love this OD tradition!

Shanazel

Now I need to figure out how to put a link to this thread in my signature to encourage folks to sign up. :)

walladah

Oh, you are gorgeous, my friends!

TRaditions are to be held and cherished, particularly if those have been established with loads of bellydance and sparkle!

May i have Dec. 22nd from the Advent and Dec. 27th from the Goblin Calendar?

And if there are not enough people yet registered, give me one day of the first of the Advent instead of 22nd, whatever will make tradition work!

THank you much!!

PS/By the way, the head-hair decorative scarves i was altering at the skype meeting are ready. My problem is that i have no windowshop doll to put them on, just like the rest stuff i make myself. The photos i have are not flattering of the things if they are just shot on a pillow or plain fabric. But, with the first occasion, i will upload photos...

Daimona

Any day would be good for me :)

Would Dec 2 and Dec 26 be ok for you? ;)

And if there are not enough people yet registered, give me one day of the first of the Advent instead of 22nd, whatever will make tradition work!

Dec 2 and 27 is ok.

Anyone can have several dates, btw. Just give a heads-up for the date(s) you want to have. :)

Last edited:

Shanazel

If I am not mistaken (and apologies if I am) you were the originator of the tradition. Yay, you!

TRaditions are to be held and cherished, particularly if those have been established with loads of bellydance and sparkle!

THank you much!!

PS/By the way, the head-hair decorative scarves i was altering at the skype meeting are ready. My problem is that i have no windowshop doll to put them on, just like the rest stuff i make myself. The photos i have are not flattering of the things if they are just shot on a pillow or plain fabric. But, with the first occasion, i will upload photos...

Daimona

Okay, Dec 1 is tomorrow.
And we really need more contributors if this seasons calendars are to be as good as the previous calendars.

Darshiva

I'll take the 10th because it's looking pretty spartan there in the middle of the month and I know I'll actually have the day off & be able to do it.