walladah

Many apologies!

I saw your private message this morning, very early, Daimona! i was so out of access that i almost forgot bout the calendar, first i was stuck up out of town due to bad weather, then i had to resume pending issues....

What can i do now?

undertake another day? to come or passed without a treat?

Many thanks!!!

W.

Daimona

I saw your private message this morning, very early, Daimona! i was so out of access that i almost forgot bout the calendar, first i was stuck up out of town due to bad weather, then i had to resume pending issues....

What can i do now?

undertake another day? to come or passed without a treat?

Many thanks!!!

W.

No problem! How about an extra Walladah-day in the goblin calendar? :)

walladah

Of course! whatever works for the occasion!

Do you have an idea about the goblin day?

THank you so much!

Daimona

Do you have an idea about the goblin day?

THank you so much!

Walladah: You can have any date you would like to have. I believe it will be easier to remember if you choose your own date. ;)

Dunyah: Happy belated birthday!

Last edited:

walladah

Then i think that January 2nd would be fine!

Unless someone else picks it and i can undertake another day!
Many thanks!

Daimona

Ok folks. Well played so far, but we still need more contributors, particularly for the twelve days of the Goblin calendar. Don't be shy!

21 Shanazel
22 Walladah
23 Aniseteph
24 Shanazel
25 (everyone can post something)

Available Goblin calendar dates are:
Dec 25 Daimona
Dec 26 Amulya
Dec 27 Walladah
Dec 28 Dunyah
Dec 29
Dec 30
Dec 31
Jan 1
Jan 2 Walladah
Jan 3
Jan 4
Jan 5
Jan 6 Shanazel

If you want to participate in one or both of the calendars
  1. choose a date (tell us which date you want to contribute by making a post in this thread) and
  2. make a forum post in the calendar thread at the given date.

What is this?

If you want to continue the tradition of the advent calendar, sign-up for a date between Dec 1 and Dec 25 above and prepare a treat to post on your date, such as a poem, a video, a recipe, a special greeting, a photograph etc. If you are new to this forum and this tradition or need some inspiration, take a look at the previous calendars: 2012 (signup), 2011 (sign-up), 2010 (sign-up) and 2009 (sign-up).

For the past years, we've also had a Goblin calendar for the 12 days between Dec 25 and Jan 6. According to Greek traditions, these days are called dodecameron (12-day time) and they are days of feast, tricks, fun, tolerance and jokes and those who want to participate should compose a post within this context.
Why a "Goblin calendar"? The goblins live in the underworld during the entire year, cutting little by little the tree on which the earth is based. At the Christmas Eve the tree trunk stands up on a tiny piece of wood. Just before the moment of the world's destruction the goblins leave the underworld and on Christmas day they walk around on earth, teasing people, stealing food and sweets, messing up the house warehouses, break into homes to eat the food that is prepared etc. When sun rises on January 6th, e.g. when Christ was baptized, the Holy Ghost appears and the goblins rush into the underworld to continue cutting the tree. But the tree has recovered during the holy days and they now have to work hard for the new year to cut it off again, till the next Christmas day. These are the previous goblin calendars: 2012/2013 (signup), 2011/2012 (signup), 2010/2011.

Last edited:

Shanazel

If no one else signs up, I can take the 24th. I expect to be gone some of the last days of December (trip to the ranch for traditional family Yule festivities and grandson's birthday- yay!!!) but I can also fill in on dates in January if needed.

I love these calenders and a slow year for sign-ups shall not deter us! :)