You Know You're A Bellydancer When... Thread 2

Safran

When I came from the gym this morning, I found a sequin in the hallway leading to my room... I know it is one of mine, just trying to escape :lol:

Darshiva

... down the back of the couch, in the cat's toy bag, on the bbq.... (trust me, I was NOT expecting that last one when it happened!)

Shanazel

One of my cats, a certain Toby Taliesin, steals my pin cushion no matter where I hide it. I have found pins all over the house. Once he took the pin cushion, carried it downstairs, and put it in the water dish. He's a very o-pin-ionated cat.:cool:

Amulya

Lucky mine stay away from sewing stuff, unless, I place fabric on the floor to cut a pattern, then they have to sit on it. That would be ok, handy as weight to keep the fabric from moving, but they insist on helping...

...when you have more belly dance CDs/DVDs than non-belly dance CDs/DVDs

Jeanne

...when you have more belly dance CDs/DVDs than non-belly dance CDs/DVDs

Oh man. I have so many DVDs that I don't have room for all of them anymore in the big drawer in my TV stand. And only about five of them are not belly dance related.

Darshiva

/closes the door to her dance room with three large shlves stuffed full of bellydance dvds and walks AWAY....

nothing to see here.

Amulya

...when you have a Pinterest board (or two, or three) dedicated to all sorts of belly dance things

Aniseteph

I have not attempted sewing projects since we recently acquired a cat, but I look forward to glittery litter trays with interest. Well, maybe not interest...

I have WAY more BD CDs than others, and that's not counting the downloads. And far too many large storage bags of BD stuff. Next belly dance bring and buy sale, here I come....

Safran

I came to Bahrein with 30 kilos of checked-in luggage. You can imagine the proportion of costumes and regular clothes in those suitcases :lol: After I got all the costumes (and make-up) in, there wasn't much space left for anything mundane, really ;)

Amulya

Costumes easily create heavy luggage, especially the heavily beaded ones. I got one that's so heavy I think it's two kilo, would need to check that, but very very heavy.

at a certain point my costumes took up more space in my closet than my clothes.

Farasha Hanem

Costumes easily create heavy luggage, especially the heavily beaded ones. I got one that's so heavy I think it's two kilo, would need to check that, but very very heavy.

at a certain point my costumes took up more space in my closet than my clothes.

*maintains her own right to remain silent!* >.>;;;

Dunyah

When there are more dance-related items on your calendar than anything else - classes, events, appointments with a seamstress about making a costume, rehearsals, shows, etc.

Suzanne Azhaar

When the glitter covered ironing board cover has to be washed before I can iron my husband's shirts. (sigh)

Haven't danced in a while yet hubby is excited to bring home a vibrating stone tumbler. Fills it with fine walnut shrapnel, puts old ugly Saroyan coins in it, and leaves it on over night. They look wonderful this morning!

When hubby decides the reason I haven't been sewing is the sewing room is disorganized. (I would call it apocalyptic, but what's in a name?) Proceeds to install industrial shelving in the sewing room. Picks up and organizes the room. Drives me to six (6!) furniture stores for a new sewing table and chair (because mine is incredibly old and rickety). New furniture arrives late this month. Then installs flat screen television and blue ray player so I will have something to "listen to" whilst sewing. Admitting he was right. Finished one costume already. Located a second incomplete project and finished the belt. The bra is half done; shiny Saroyan coins will work perfectly for decoration.

:dance: