You Know You're A Bellydancer When... Thread 2

Safran

When hubby decides the reason I haven't been sewing is the sewing room is disorganized. (I would call it apocalyptic, but what's in a name?) Proceeds to install industrial shelving in the sewing room. Picks up and organizes the room. Drives me to six (6!) furniture stores for a new sewing table and chair (because mine is incredibly old and rickety). New furniture arrives late this month. Then installs flat screen television and blue ray player so I will have something to "listen to" whilst sewing. Admitting he was right. Finished one costume already. Located a second incomplete project and finished the belt. The bra is half done; shiny Saroyan coins will work perfectly for decoration.

:dance:

This is adorable!!!

Daimona

Hey! Your husband's organizing of your sewing room has actually inspired me to reorganize my own sewing room. It has been mildly chaotic, and the shelves and closets are full.

I miss my favorite sewing machine, though, it is at the workshop waiting for the right replacement parts to turn up.

But to keep on topic:
You know you are a belly dancer when you organize you dance wardrobe and accessories by color, to make it easy to grab matching pieces when running out in a hurry.

Last edited:

Shanazel

You know you are a belly dancer when you officially retire for the fourth time and two months later start planning your next performance because you just had the BEST idea...

walladah

You know you are a bellydancer...

...when you are very sick with fever, headache etc etc and you still have new ideas for dance projects. While you bash all your friends "do not talk to me, i do not remember anything, i am ill, so, my mind does not work".

Safran

...when you are very sick with fever, headache etc etc and you still have new ideas for dance projects. While you bash all your friends "do not talk to me, i do not remember anything, i am ill, so, my mind does not work".

I think fever might actually bring on some rather innovative dance ideas what you would not consider while having all your senses :) Sometimes being sick brings out some rather awesome qualities in us. For example, I am the most efficient chairperson for meetings when I have a slight fever.

...when you don't really care for malls and sales (which this country is apparently famous for), but the plain idea of going to souk makes you very happy!

Suzanne Azhaar

Daimona~ always glad to inspire. Hope your sewing machine comes home soon. I'd be lost without them.

Staying on subject~ you know you're a dancer when the fabric glitter gums up your favorite sewing machine. :mad:

Amulya

When you are packing the CD collection and discover two belly dance CDs that are not your own, that your partner must have bought in Tunesia before you met, and you get all exited. Even more exited when you find out can sing along with most of the songs