Intensive belly dance courses?

Dear dancers!

I am looking for some really intensive belly dance courses. I come from the Czech republic. I can travel to Europe, Egypt.

Do you have any ideas???
Have you ever passed some courses like this?

thank you for any response or tip.

Martina

Afrit

May help if you say a little more about what style of belly dance you are interested in - and what your current experience is.

Darshiva

For Egyptian style, contact Keti Sharif. She runs a variety of amazing intensives in Egypt.

For scarily intensive in an unique style, contact Suhaila Salimpour. Her intensives are world reknowned as being the toughest there are.

For tribal, my best guess is to contact Kajira Djourmahna about Tribal Fest - the biggest tribal intensive in the world.

I didn't post links because I don't need to. All you need to do is copy & paste their names into a search engine and you will get the right websites (although for Kajira, Tribal Fest will work better).

Safran

My big dream is Beata's and Horacio's CATT program, which takes place in Berlin and is really long term. The first semester starts in April, so you have enough time to plan it. I wanted to join it, but travelling from Estonia is a logistical nightmare :(

A few years back I attended RAKS in Belgium, which was a very nice event - intense but well-paced, I got a lot out of it.

If you want to go to Egypt, I suggest taking private classes instead - it will be much more intense and it will benefit you a lot more. If you want hints on who my favourite teachers are, let me know!

Dear Darshiva,

thank you very much for your tips!!!

For Egyptian style, contact Keti Sharif. She runs a variety of amazing intensives in Egypt.

For scarily intensive in an unique style, contact Suhaila Salimpour. Her intensives are world reknowned as being the toughest there are.

For tribal, my best guess is to contact Kajira Djourmahna about Tribal Fest - the biggest tribal intensive in the world.

I didn't post links because I don't need to. All you need to do is copy & paste their names into a search engine and you will get the right websites (although for Kajira, Tribal Fest will work better).

Dear Safran,

thank you a lot for your reply. It would be very nice from you if you could send me the names of egyptian teachers! I can see that it is far away from Estonia ... I am finishing the university in February so I can afford to be away for some time and travel....

Thank you!

Dear Afrit,

I am 25 year old, from the Czech republic, I have been dancing (belly dancing) since I was 16. I have been attending belly dance classes regulary, viseted couple of seminars and had couple of shows with my "school" in my town.

I d like to work intensively as I would like to connect my future career with belly dancing, not with "sitting in office", I d like to follow my "heart".

I am interested in modern orient belly dancing, but I would like to learn even more. If you have any ideas, I woud be glad to share it.

Thank you, Martina

Come with me :), I can see you are already professional but .. :D..

Ok, thank you so much for your tips! It has been very helpful!

I will contact them asap.

I hope you will go to Egypt soon and enjoy some time over there!

Last edited by a moderator:

Safran

You know - at some point you grow so close to Egypt, that it will not seem too far to travel to :p When I cam back from there the last time in September I swore that I will take a long break before going back again... But now I really miss it again :)

Anyway, for me the number one teacher in Cairo is actually Scottish :) Lorna is really great when it comes to training technique and also working on your individuality in dance. And she is such a fun person!

Yasmina of Cairo has awesome choreographies, and she also has great connections when it comes to folklore instructors. But hse ca also help you set up workshops with the big names. And she has a wonderful studio, where the classes take place!