Greetings from Minnesota

Ophelia

Hello everyone, my name is Jolene and I live in chilly Minnesota. I started belly dance about 2 years ago using the Venna and Neena DVD's for weight loss, and just ended up falling in love with the dance in the process. Since I live in rural MN, it is not easy to find classes or others of like interest close by...so I have been practicing mainly from DVD's Deliah's Worshop, Neena & Veena dance series, and a few odd ones. I love it and I hope someday to form a group or to become a member of a troupe, so I can expirience the dance outside of my basement, lol! I am a plus size dancer (at this point). I love reading, art, spirituality & wine. Currently, I am interested in getting a better grip on transitions, traveling and zills. Anyways, if anyone is ever in the area, please look me up! I would love to hear from fellow belly dancers!

Ophelia

Wow Duluth! I can only imagine how cold it is around Lake Superior!

I live in Princeton. I think that is about 2-1/2 hours away.

You have been working under a teacher for one year? Were they private lessons or a class room type setting?

iiveey

Wow Duluth! I can only imagine how cold it is around Lake Superior!

I live in Princeton. I think that is about 2-1/2 hours away.

You have been working under a teacher for one year? Were they private lessons or a class room type setting?

Actually the lake keeps us a bit warmer untill it freezes. It absorbs cold in the winter and heat in the summer. I don't know where Princeton is...I have been taking classes with a group.

da Sage

Hi!

I'm from Minnesota, too! I'm in the Twin Cities area.

If you ever want to take a class or see live bellydancing, here's a good website. Most of this stuff is in Minneapolis (including a big show this week and next week at the Southern Theater), but there's occasionally some out-state events and teachers listed.

Guild of Oriental Dance

Last edited:

iiveey

Thanks! That is a lot of info! The scene is obviously alot smaller here!! It is funny 'cause I lived in Seattle for 10 years, and Minneapolis for 3, and I decide to take up Bellydancing when I move to Duluth!

KuteNurse

Not yet...I have Delilah's workshop DVD's. As soon as I feel comfortable I would love to...Do you take classes? Cool that there is another fellow Duluthian here...Snowstorm is coming this weekend.

iiveey

Classes

Hey, KuteNurse,I thought I wrote back before, but maybe it didnt go through! Hopefully you have dug yourself out of the snowbanks by now! I started by taking community education classes here in Duluth. It was a nice way to see if I liked the classes. I take classes twice a week, now. We have a show at Marshall High at the end of April. Hopefully everyone will know all of the moves by then!:) I wouldn't worry about being too new. There are all skill levels and body types in our classes. Let me know if you'd like more info!

KuteNurse

I am glad you replied back! I would LOVE more info on classes. Please let me know. I also have a coworker who is interested. It would be fun to sit down and have a coffee sometime and talk about belly dancing! Let me know what you think.

Last edited: