Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! You're off to a great start. That was 1000 times better than my first performance! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne Azhaar, thank you, thank you! I was having a great time! I love to dance!! <3

Yame, thank you so much! That means a lot to me! Especially considering you're like...brilliant belly dance genius status

Actually preparing for my 2nd performance in a few hours...the nerves have started, but I'm glad I looked on the forums today. All of your encouraging words really help <3

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! You are a natural )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa-Julia View Post
    Actually preparing for my 2nd performance in a few hours...the nerves have started, but I'm glad I looked on the forums today. All of your encouraging words really help <3
    How'd it go?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, vera sagram <333

Zorba, it went okay. The stage fright actually seemed worse the second time around. I think it had to do with the fact that the audience was literally...RIGHT THERE. Like, a foot away! And I was petrified of my veil getting caught on the rafters and sprinklers on that low ceiling. I just got the video...

Second Belly Dance Performance - Mark Balahadia's Holiday Show - YouTube

You can see at that very last moment, after I strike the pose, as the camera fades out, that look of relief on my face haha. Let me know what you guys think! Constructive criticism is more than welcome! <3

Post Thanks / Like

I thought you did a GREAT job. You have grace and poise.

The constructive criticism I'll contribute: 1) Slow down just a tiny bit - you looked a bit hurried with the veil, and 2) Watch your arms when you drop them to your sides, they "die" there. Its only momentary, less than a second, but its there. These are nits!

I think you're doing just FINE!

Post Thanks / Like

You seemed a little nervous at first, but once things picked up, if you were still nervous you couldn't tell. You looked confident, and very very talented. I wouldn't have guessed it was your first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    I thought you did a GREAT job. You have grace and poise.

The constructive criticism I'll contribute: 1) Slow down just a tiny bit - you looked a bit hurried with the veil, and 2) Watch your arms when you drop them to your sides, they "die" there. Its only momentary, less than a second, but its there. These are nits!

I think you're doing just FINE!

Zorba, I see exactly what you're saying, especially about the "dying hands" lol. And it's really noticeable at 1:53 because they're nice and poised and then they just kinda...flop. And the hurriedness I know I keep doing because I'm so nervous. I can even feel it while I'm up there. Thank you so so much for the advice <3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LunaXJJ View Post
    You seemed a little nervous at first, but once things picked up, if you were still nervous you couldn't tell. You looked confident, and very very talented. I wouldn't have guessed it was your first.
    Luna, thank you!!! Definitely petrified up there, but man, does my heart sing while I'm dancing! Not confidence, not yet...it's love! Haha. Thank you again <3

Post Thanks / Like

wow!!!! GREAT first and second performances!!!! you did really great and you looked so pretty while dancing ♥ LOVE your hip work!

I'm a student and I dont consider myself to be in intermediate level yet (although I've learned a "lot" now my body has to flow with all that I have learned) and I wish my first performance is as good as yours!

Actually, I had 2 performance years ago (when I was in 2 year of high school, that is 8 years ago o__o ) but I wouldnt call them "belly dance" now that I know hhahahaha that was the era when Shakira was my only inspiration, I would imitate the dancers from the brazilian drama O Clone, and only knew 4-5 steps... I thought I did well at the moment, but now I look back and just laugh at how cute I was LOL there is sooooooo much to learn in this amazing dance, and although I can't wait to be on stage (I love performing), I want to do it right ♥ and you showed me it is possible to do great in the first performance!

On the good side, I became confident in making my own costumes with those performances

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast