Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We've got bingo entries for the audience and for dumb ass comments about belly dance.
    How about a bingo sheet for performers as well?

Rehearsal:
    • Chaotic and unguided rehearsals.
    • No tech guys present (at least not when you need them)
    • Most of the rehearsal time is spent either doing the common finale choreocraphy (more of an excercise combination than a real choreography) and waiting due to lacking communication about when everybody needs to be on stage or could administer on their own (such as fixing costume/hair/make-up).

Back-stage:
    • Stressed out arrangers.
    • Cramped dressing room/changing area.
    • Sharing the dressing room with the Diva using most of the space in the room.
    • No lineup posted at useful places.
    • No full-size mirrors in the dressing rooms or hardly any mirrors of a useful size.

Technical aspects:
    • Your music get a hiccup or won't play (including your back-up).
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, or bingo for the one arranging the event.

- Questions about where/when the event is taking place. Sent by e-mail as a reply to the arranger's original mail which contains ALL the info requested. Still visible by scrolling down.

- The nice and humble dancer who sends all her dance info first of all participants and still apologizes for the late reply.

- The one who has to be e-mailed, facebooked, sms'ed and called several times before finally handing in her dance info.

- The cute one who is performing for the first time and has a brand new hipscarf and is sooo nervous. (I am not being condescending here, I am honestly excited for these dancers)

- The one complaining over stuff that is really totally beyond the arranger's responsibility.

- all the helpful and positive participants (it's not all bad)
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

For staged shows:

-something goes wrong with lightning
    -something goes wrong with sound
    -microphone screeches
    -(massive pet peeve of mine) an announcer for every single performance
    -show starts half an hour later than scheduled

And something that always used to happen to me at gigs:
    The venue's sound system stuffs up when I need it

Post Thanks / Like

Dancers who bag a spot then don't bother to turn up. WTH?

Lingerie bras. . New soloists with DIY costumes at student events get a free pass in my book, but when your whole troupe decides it's ok to stick lampshade fringe on lingerie bras...

Which reminds me - do you ever watch a group and think how glad you are not to have to wear that/ do that choreography/ dance to that terrible music?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    Which reminds me - do you ever watch a group and think how glad you are not to have to wear that/ do that choreography/ dance to that terrible music?
    I have seen groups with members who vary in size from an XS to a 4X. WHY WHY WHY WHY ??????????? did the director all have them wearing a costume that ONLY looks good on a size medium? ???????

Post Thanks / Like

Because the director is a medium herself?
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    Oooh, or bingo for the one arranging the event.

- Questions about where/when the event is taking place. Sent by e-mail as a reply to the arranger's original mail which contains ALL the info requested. Still visible by scrolling down.

- The nice and humble dancer who sends all her dance info first of all participants and still apologizes for the late reply.

- The one who has to be e-mailed, facebooked, sms'ed and called several times before finally handing in her dance info.
    And the one who ask for a longer time slot than everybody else. Extra points if the same dancer does it twice... for the same performance..
    Last edited by Daimona; 04-01-2016 at 01:15 PM. Reason: speling
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

- The dancer who does random extreme backbends throughout her dance, with no regard to the style or music, just to prove that she *can*.

- The dancer who always seems to perform to the same song, and nobody is entirely sure if it's deliberate

- The student troupe where all the dancers are in matching 'one size fits all' Ebay specials, except for the one plus-sized student, who is wearing something completely different and looking super uncomfortable.

- The coin scarf worn as a top.

- 'Desert Rose' by Sting.

Post Thanks / Like

How fun to resurrect this thread! I had completely forgotten about the "back out slowly" episode above.

How about the dancer who insists on running around the audience dressed in her costume with no between performances cover-up? "Look at me! I'm a belly dancer!"
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I had to go listen to Desert Rose on YouTube since I was mercifully unaware of its existence. Alas, no more. I'll forgive him a lot for Fields of Gold but Desert Rose is not destined to be a favorite.

My addition to the "songs I don't want to hear at a hafla" category would be VooDoo by Godsmack.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast