Hello Everyone from Bluegrass Country!

LillicaLux

Hi everyone, I'm Laura. I'm a native of Pittsburgh, PA now living in Lexington, KY with my husband.

I've always been interested in bellydancing, yet had never really gone all in, even after my aunt started bellydancing at 64. I recently became friends with some whose girlfriend does tribal fusion, which for whatever reason kickstarted it.

Since then I've been researching all over the net, sampling music, watching endless videos on YouTube, finding dvds, looking up instructions for making costumes, etc.

I find myself very drawn to veil work, especially voi. I've been toying around in my head ways to incorporate a bit of rave into my bellydancing, attempting to do some slightly techno remixes of existing songs and incorporating some of the rave motif into costuming and props.

I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas and learning from all you lovelies!

DancingArabian

Hi Laura,
I used to live in Lexington! Check the community college - they at one time had Bellydance classes offered in their non-credit course selection. When I lived there it was Lexington Community College but I think it's KCTCS/Bluegrass Community College now.