Dance Jubilee

Daimona

It is not really an anniversary and I'm not going to celebrate so this may seem a strange jubilee, but within a couple of months (April 30 to be exact) I've officially been involved with this dance form for half my life time. I wouldn't believe that when I first started...

Last edited:

BigJim

It is not really an anniversary and I'm not going to celebrate so this may seem a strange jubilee, but within a couple of months (April 30 to be exact) I've officially been involved with this dance form for half my life time. I wouldn't believe that when I first started...

So you started when you were 14?

Daimona

Thanks a lot. But if I should celebrate I wouldn't know how to do it. There are nothing much happening around here at the time (despite International dance day April 29 and World belly dance day May 10).

My local dance club celebrates their 15th anniversary in just 3 weeks, but I decided a long time ago (i.e. before it was too late to sign up) that I wouldn't perform in the show (unfortunately I'm currently not fit for performing on the level I want to perform at so I decided to let it be).

Any ideas?

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Of course you must celebrate such a milestone:) Cake & candles, music, dinner out, shimmy here, shimmy there:yay:... all ways to celebrate a 'birthday' so special:)
~Mosaic

Safran

Let's do a virtual party!

You bring out your pics and stories and videos... and we can all get an idea of your dance journey!

Oh, and it is also an awesome excuse to get yourself a new costume piece or prop :lol:

Daimona

:think: I need to see if it is doable or not. I don't have many pictures or videos of my highlights, and most of the videos I've got of are on cassettes (VHS and Hi-8) and I have no idea on how to make them digital.

Roshanna

My teacher reached this occasion recently, and named it her 'sequinox' (the point at which as much of her life had been sparkly as non-sparkly!).

Since I appreciate a good play on words, I'd like to see this adopted into wider use :)