Curl Love

Darshiva

Looking for some products to love my naturally wavy bordering on curly hair just recently redicovered under a metre of braid.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

This is what I have to work with:

Roshanna

Extra virgin coconut oil :) Lovely stuff! Either as a styling product, or loads of it as a pre-wash treatment.

luvnafctn

I just had a great experience going to a certified DevaCurl Stylist. My curls were pretty lackluster, and had no definition. I'd been to stylists familiar with cutting curly hair in the past, with nowhere near the results that I got from this past weekend. My hair is softer, my curls more defined, and best of all, it's *almost* wash and wear (and with having a full time job, a husband, a 4 year-old daughter, two dogs, and still have time to participate in dance stuff, is AWESOME)!

I'm not going to lie - I did not have high hopes going to my appointment. I was super-impressed with the results. My coworker, also a curly girl, went along for her hair, and all we've been talking about all week was the amazing experience we each had with the DevaCurl methods and products.

Here's a link to their stylist locater: MyDevaCurl | Curly Stylist Finder

allinorah

My hair borders between wavy/curly depending on what I do to it when it is drying. For my best curls, I try to make sure my hair is moisturized. My hair is really dry so I use a heavy conditioner every few washes and then usually add in some leave in conditioner. I only wash my hair about twice a week so that it doesn't dry out. I'll use some dry shampoo on the roots/bangs when needed. I second finding a really good stylist though. I love mine and she is also Devacurl certified. She gives great tips on how to take care of my hair, how to encourage curls, or even to straighten it. I trust her with my hair, but it was after finding out that she and the salon she works in encourage continued education regarding new techniques.

Darshiva

I live in a very small town and we have an amazing TWO hairdressing salons to service the 1000 people living here. The next nearest hairdresser is an hour away.

I am incredibly fortunate to have hair in incredibly good condition. I'm just looking for some products I can pop in it when it's wet to give the ringlets a little more crispness and make them a little less likely to droop into soft waves.

I had no idea my hair had this much curl in it until I went to the hairdresser recently & had a metre of hair cut & layered. Needless to say I'm thrilled, but I'm hoping for an option midway between super-crunchy moussed-up hair & soft waves of product-free hair. :)

Amulya

I use aloe Vera gel, it's amazing in its holding capacity of curls, even if it's crazy windy weather they don't get blown out! I use it on damp hair with or without curlers (I have wavy hair with some loose spirals, but same, the waves and curls tend to dissappear) I recently discovered that I get really nice curls by twisting my hair up and keeping it in a clip, I roll the end bit around the roll, that results in nice loose spirals at the ends.

Darshiva

I am so amazingly allergic to aloe vera that I would end up in the burns ward for months (if I was lucky!) if I did that.

As far as curls go, I've found that if I towel-dry my hair after a shower, I get the most delicious waves and ringlets. But if I want them to stick around I need to use some products or it just settles to a sort of bumpy wavy style after it's dry. :)

Farasha Hanem

I found what I was looking for! It dries soft and gives me a soft, light curl.

0.0 I love Garnier Fructis hair and skin products! :D I haven't tried this particular product, though. My go-to products are the anti-frizz serums, and the spray-on hair gel. I've had good results with Garnier. :)

SashaM

Instead of using a towel to dry your hair try using a t shirt. I have wavy/curly hair and I use a shirt to gently scrunch the end of my hair. Once it fully dries I have nice waves.

Darshiva

Thanks Sasha. I've gone full curly girl method these days and I'm really happy with the results. I don't use a tshirt though, I use a microfibre towel to scrunch less damp and leave it to dry naturally.

SashaM

I've recently started the girly girl method myself. I'm absolutely loving the results. Still transitioning though. I need to get myself a microfiber towel lol.

Have you tried plopping yet?

Darshiva

Soooooooooo, basically leaving your hair in the towel to dry. Cool, I can do that. I tend to if I forget what I'm doing (normal) so deliberately doing it shouldn't be a problem.

SashaM

Just remember to put whatever product you want in before you do lol. I've done it a couple of times and I love the result.