Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curl Love

Post Thanks / Like

Default Curl Love

Looking for some products to love my naturally wavy bordering on curly hair just recently redicovered under a metre of braid.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

This is what I have to work with:

Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

Extra virgin coconut oil Lovely stuff! Either as a styling product, or loads of it as a pre-wash treatment.

Post Thanks / Like

I just had a great experience going to a certified DevaCurl Stylist. My curls were pretty lackluster, and had no definition. I'd been to stylists familiar with cutting curly hair in the past, with nowhere near the results that I got from this past weekend. My hair is softer, my curls more defined, and best of all, it's *almost* wash and wear (and with having a full time job, a husband, a 4 year-old daughter, two dogs, and still have time to participate in dance stuff, is AWESOME)!

I'm not going to lie - I did not have high hopes going to my appointment. I was super-impressed with the results. My coworker, also a curly girl, went along for her hair, and all we've been talking about all week was the amazing experience we each had with the DevaCurl methods and products.

Here's a link to their stylist locater: MyDevaCurl | Curly Stylist Finder

Post Thanks / Like

My hair borders between wavy/curly depending on what I do to it when it is drying. For my best curls, I try to make sure my hair is moisturized. My hair is really dry so I use a heavy conditioner every few washes and then usually add in some leave in conditioner. I only wash my hair about twice a week so that it doesn't dry out. I'll use some dry shampoo on the roots/bangs when needed. I second finding a really good stylist though. I love mine and she is also Devacurl certified. She gives great tips on how to take care of my hair, how to encourage curls, or even to straighten it. I trust her with my hair, but it was after finding out that she and the salon she works in encourage continued education regarding new techniques.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in a very small town and we have an amazing TWO hairdressing salons to service the 1000 people living here. The next nearest hairdresser is an hour away.

I am incredibly fortunate to have hair in incredibly good condition. I'm just looking for some products I can pop in it when it's wet to give the ringlets a little more crispness and make them a little less likely to droop into soft waves.

I had no idea my hair had this much curl in it until I went to the hairdresser recently & had a metre of hair cut & layered. Needless to say I'm thrilled, but I'm hoping for an option midway between super-crunchy moussed-up hair & soft waves of product-free hair.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!

Post Thanks / Like

I found what I was looking for! It dries soft and gives me a soft, light curl.

Bellydance in Kyabram!

Post Thanks / Like

I use aloe Vera gel, it's amazing in its holding capacity of curls, even if it's crazy windy weather they don't get blown out! I use it on damp hair with or without curlers (I have wavy hair with some loose spirals, but same, the waves and curls tend to dissappear) I recently discovered that I get really nice curls by twisting my hair up and keeping it in a clip, I roll the end bit around the roll, that results in nice loose spirals at the ends.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so amazingly allergic to aloe vera that I would end up in the burns ward for months (if I was lucky!) if I did that.

As far as curls go, I've found that if I towel-dry my hair after a shower, I get the most delicious waves and ringlets. But if I want them to stick around I need to use some products or it just settles to a sort of bumpy wavy style after it's dry.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darshiva View Post
    I found what I was looking for! It dries soft and gives me a soft, light curl.

0.0 I love Garnier Fructis hair and skin products! I haven't tried this particular product, though. My go-to products are the anti-frizz serums, and the spray-on hair gel. I've had good results with Garnier.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately their other products contain aloe, kiwi or sulphites - all of which I am allergic to!
    Bellydance in Kyabram!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast