Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curl Love

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use product unless I'm performing.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the "leave my hair to dry in a towel" method for years. I think Darshiva and I think alike---it's not anything really new. :/ Someone just gave it a weird name. @___@

Post Thanks / Like

Gave the 'plopping' thing a full-out test.

And it turns out there's a reason they tell you not to do it with the CG method - it completely dessicates & destroys your curls! Only going with that method in future if I forget to take my hair out of the towel.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!

Post Thanks / Like

That's so weird it did that! That's the first time I've heard it giving trouble. Sorry to hear it did that.

Post Thanks / Like

Really? Just wondering when CG went from 'don't ever leave your hair in a towel to dry' to 'so it's now okay to leave your hair in a towel to dry'? Of course, with my frustrated sciencey background*, I had to test it out for myself.

*former winery tech. No longer able to do that work due to industry-related allergies. Sometimes get wiggy & perform experiments & tests because SCIENCE!
    Bellydance in Kyabram!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roshanna View Post
    Extra virgin coconut oil Lovely stuff! Either as a styling product, or loads of it as a pre-wash treatment.
    Thank you. I think both of virgin olive oil and virgin coconut oil are perfect for hair treatment

Post Thanks / Like

I may have mentioned this elsewhere before, but for good discussions about all things hair-related, go the The Long Hair Community (it's a forum with a format similar to this forum). There are many people there who love to talk about their favorite conventional products as well as natural care such as coconut and other oils and recipes for homemade stuff; also style suggestions, hair accessories, etc. There are even threads specifically discussing issues for curly hair, wavy hair, and whatnot.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to wander around over there but haven't visited in a long time. Moon used to go there, too. Sigh. I miss Moon and some of the other long time no see folks.

PS I wandered back over there and had to re-register since not only could I not recall my old password but I did away with the associated e-mail long, long ago. So I'm Shanazel* there instead of plain Shanazel. I measured my hair for the record... 44 inches. Not bad for an old lady.
    Last edited by Shanazel; 01-09-2016 at 03:29 AM.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123