first video - feedback please?

BigJim

I liked it alot.... you showed emotion... and joy in your dance.... and that means everything....

Jane

Beautiful smooth movements! You have those in spades :) I really liked how you flow and keep a nice soft look.

I'd love to see you work more with presenting movements from different body angles. Facing more 3/4 side views and see some of your hip movements from the back. I think some of the movements you did were lovely, but sometimes we missed the full impact of what you were doing by seeing you straight on a lot.

Personally, I like the softer more baladi style arms like you have. They look very relaxed and natural. You could try using them more to frame movements to break things up a bit. Holding the arms still around a working hip to frame it looks lovely on you. I'd like to see more of that.

Very, very good connection with the music. When you have your audience in front of you, and I know you only have a camera here, make sure you draw them right in to how much you are feeling it.

Great! So when do we get to see you do it in a costume? :clap:

Darshiva

Your moves are so juicy. Delicious.

Also, I agree with the above comments about the arms, emotion & framing.

Ahava_Melantha

thank you all for help I do know that i need to work a lot on my upper body and its nice to know. SOOOO glad i posted this video for good input. and thanx for the angle info. I'll try to do that more often. of course, i do different angles, it really just depends on the song and how it moves me.

anyways :) thank you for the compliments AND the advice.

Shanazel

Love it! I agree with all that has been said including: When do we get to see it done in costume???

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Lovely - well done. I too agree with the above comments. But you were a joy to watch:clap:
~Mosaic

Ahava_Melantha

thank you ladies. I deeply appreciate it. I won't be able to show it in a costume any time soon as I can barely afford funds for bd dvds. but when i am in the future, i'll be sure to share, hehe

Ahava_Melantha

Yes i have.
I have had formal training from 15 to 19 and quit after I got married. (long story short, hubby showed me a religious verdict forbidding dance, even in the house and I started back dancing at 22 as he never quit soccer, or listening to rap, blah blah blah).
I slowly started getting back into dance. for less than a year at 27, I started dancing at class again but had to quit for transportation reasons. arghh.

so right now I'm studying at home as much as I can. In the form of dvds, watching myself in the camera, youtube videos, reading, etc.

Raqs Sharqi is my first true love, without a doubt. I've been in love since I was 3, but we didn't meet like Khaliq fakerni (amr diab) until I was 15 ;)

Darshiva

I thought for certain that you'd had training but for some reason I missed that you did & thought you were one of those rare people who can actually learn well from dvds alone.

Still, my hat is off to you, your dancing is gorgeous. Keep it up!

Daimona

yes, I can sew. don't really like to and requires a bit of motivation, hehe. but yes I can

Isn't it enough motivation that we would like you see you to perform in a costume? :)

BTW, thank you for sharing that video - you gave me inspiration for some new projects.

Ahava_Melantha

Isn't it enough motivation that we would like you see you to perform in a costume? :)

BTW, thank you for sharing that video - you gave me inspiration for some new projects.

I'm glad I inspired you in any way. and for the sewing part, I'm thinking of maybe making a mre colorful workout outfit with a tiny little belt sewin into it.

not quite sure HOW yet but am working on it.

thanx ;)

Shanazel

Ahava, I have a sunset orange and dark blue skirt and matching veil that were given to me and that I no longer wear. If you would like to have them, send me a PM with your mailing address and I will send them to you.

We can't let you go without a costume any longer.