Liking with Chrome?

Kashmir

I have switched over to Chrome - and now find I cannot Like posts. Anyone else found this? Any easy solution?

Sophia Maria

I use Chrome and I've never had this problem. Have you trouble-shooted by using another browser again and seeing if you still have this problem? Alternatively, I guess you could uninstall then reinstall Chrome just in case you got some sort of bug or problem in the version you downloaded.

Wish I could help more!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I don't like chrome in general, I find links often don't work properly in chrome all over the web.
~Mosaic

Farasha Hanem

Finally got on my laptop for the first time in eons. My Chrome is working fine, no ads, no problems.

EDIT: Kashmir, I test-liked your opening post to see if I had any problems with the Like button---mine is okay. I have no idea what could be causing your difficulties. :(

Salome

Administrator
What happens exactly? Is the "like" not there or not active as a link or you click it and an error message?

I have switched over to Chrome - and now find I cannot Like posts. Anyone else found this? Any easy solution?

Kashmir

What was happening was if I clicked the Like link it would just flick me up to the top of the page.

I have just solved it though. Chrome by default seems to have JavaScript disabled. Once I made an exception for the site the Like worked again.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Like has disappeared for me as well ( Firefox browser) - This is a webmaster fix-it-up job:)

Daimona

I'm also using Firefox 29.1.0, but I see the like-button fine, i.e. at home I see it fine.
At work (also FF 29.1.0), I don't.

Last edited:

arun

Administrator
Yes, unfortunately we have ditched out vbseo, likes was a part of the program. So, it's gone as well but your likes are all safe and it is available with our new like system. We may not have the full features of the previous like system, but yeah it's all for the good.

Between the url structure is also changed.

Previous Format: http://bellydanceforums.net/bellydanceforums-net-website/19139-liking-chrome.html
Current Format: http://bellydanceforums.net/threads/19139-Liking-with-Chrome

Also, all your old thread url's will be redirected to the new ones automatically.

Cheers.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I was a bit surprised to find myself logged out:) but realise why now & when I fist entered I had 777 notifications:) at first I thought Oh No! we've been hacked & I had 777 new members to wade through ( thinking they'd all be spammers) so I was relieved to see it was just a new system:)
~Mosaic

arun

Administrator
I was a bit surprised to find myself logged out:) but realise why now & when I fist entered I had 777 notifications:) at first I thought Oh No! we've been hacked & I had 777 new members to wade through ( thinking they'd all be spammers) so I was relieved to see it was just a new system:)
~Mosaic
It's all good but the notifications can be disabled. I will wait for Salome's decision on this :cool:

Daimona

ah.. and for those of you that haven't noticed yet, now the like/dislike button is moved to below each post. I think I like that...