Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Makeup removal?

Post Thanks / Like

Where To Buy Dermatological Skin Products | La Roche-Posay Store Locator

A dermatologist recommended sunflower oil to me, saying it is one of the gentlest oils. My condolences on your sensitive skin; mine is such a pain that I only use a cleanser ever other day and use plain water on the other days. I do like my cleanser and moisturizer enough to recommend them by name: La Roche-Posay products Toleriane (foaming cream) and Anthelios SX (moisturizer with sun protection). The line also has a make up remover which I've never tried because I wear make up so seldom. I buy it through my doctor. I found an address for your area on their website (above). Don know why the OD site won't let me put links where I want them. It is back to barely allowing me to type.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Time to experiment then! But on the inside of my wrist first

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I use coconut oil, but only when my facial skin is really dry. I'm acne prone as well but coconut oil doesn't cause break out for me. Just don't like that very oily feeling. But when taking a bath it helps taking it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    Do I need to get the special facial cleansing oil they sell in stores? Can I use Italian or Turkish olive oil from my kitchen?
    When it comes to making your facial washes/scrubs from food items (which is really fun btw ) , you don't necessarily need to find things that are labeled specifically as "facial" or whatnot. Generally speaking, just recognize that some skin is very sensitive, so either test it first like Amulya said, on the inside of your wrist or the sensitive skin in the crook of your elbow...or, for things you intend to put on your face, buy organic and local and whatnot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia Maria View Post
    When it comes to making your facial washes/scrubs from food items (which is really fun btw ) , you don't necessarily need to find things that are labeled specifically as "facial" or whatnot. Generally speaking, just recognize that some skin is very sensitive, so either test it first like Amulya said, on the inside of your wrist or the sensitive skin in the crook of your elbow...or, for things you intend to put on your face, buy organic and local and whatnot.
    I said that actually.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darshiva View Post
    I said that actually.
    Aah!! Sorry!!

Post Thanks / Like

Two days later, still removing eye makeup and eyelash glue. The honey mask sounds divine and will try the coconut oil this morning. Thank-you!

Post Thanks / Like

In terms of honey, just for clarification--I've never tried using it to remove makeup, and I'm not sure it even works that way. But yes, otherwise, just for daily cleansing, it is divine!

Post Thanks / Like

Any joy with the oils? I read that peach kernel or almond oil are both very light so wouldn't be as greasy if your skin is already oily. I use baby wipes for removal (stage make up) and then a teeny blob of coconut oil if my skin is dry

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak for dry skin as mine has enough oil to rival a Saudi oilfield - BUT - Mary Kay's "Eye Makeup Remover" works very well and very fast. I've also heard of, but have yet to try, a similar product sold at WalMart that's cheaper. Perhaps one of these followed by a moisturizer?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast