Makeup removal?

Jeanne

I get reasonably good results from Body Shop's camomile eye makeup remover, but for a very stubborn makeup mess I still need to wipe carefully to get everything off. When using any eye makeup remover, be very careful to rinse away all residue of the remover, or it may irritate your eyes.

Shanazel

While I understand that many are fascinated with makeup, I am not, nor have I ever been since about age twelve when I wasn't allowed to wear it. It was something I wore as part of my job and I did not enjoy painting it on or taking it off.

I hereby grant you my share of the stuff, Zorba. Wear it in good health. :)

Darshiva

While I understand that many are fascinated with makeup, I am not, nor have I ever been since about age twelve when I wasn't allowed to wear it. It was something I wore as part of my job and I did not enjoy painting it on or taking it off.

I hereby grant you my share of the stuff, Zorba. Wear it in good health. :)

I'm with you all the way there Shan. If people could just see my face from stage Id be so damned happy! There's a reason I don't do makeup in class and it's not because "i'll sweat it off" ;)

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I won't say that I'm "fascinated" with makeup, but I do enjoy it as it is an only occasional thing and as such it is a treat. Not being born to it probably has a lot to do with it also - just like I utterly refuse to wear a suit and tie ever again, probably much the same feeling as Shan and Darshiva et al have about makeup!

Daimona

The best part of wearing make-up is when it is finally removed and the skin feels fresh and clean again.

I have no preferred products, though..

Shanazel

You bet your sweet patootie I have- gray pinstripe jacket and straight skirt with pantyhose and heels, yet. :rolleyes: The necktie was actually a scarf but it served the same strangling purpose. AND I wore makeup at the same time. Horrid disguise expected by the profession during court. NEVER AGAIN.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I don't know the how and the why anybody ever thought wearing a jacket indoors was ever a good idea, much less a necktie for any reason. To add insult to injury, the jacket is usually wool. Absolute stupidity.

I call the suit and especially the necktie the "male burqa".

Jeanne

I just remembered something I can add to the body of makeup remover wisdom --

A couple of years ago when I had an eye infection, my eye doctor recommended cleaning my eyelids with these:
http://www.ocusoft.com/9-months-ocusoft-lid-scrub-original-pre-moistened-pads-30ct

They're little moist towelettes for the eyes. While the doc was giving me a box, her receptionist said, "They make great eye makeup remover, too." I don't always use them for that purpose, but they do come in handy now and then.

Roshanna

Another vote for coconut oil here. I wet my face with warm water, then rub in a blob of coconut oil (from a pea-sized blob upwards, depending on amount of makeup), generally rub it about until I look like the Joker, and then wash it off thoroughly with a hot flannel/face cloth. And repeat as necessary if you are wearing something really stubborn like waterporoof mascara...
I find that the hot flannel stage is important, as it gets most of the oil off again and leaves your skin feeling soft and clean. When I've been away from home I've tried using dry cotton pads with the coconut oil, and that was scratchy and horrible and nowhere near as effective.

dancefever

I suggest using coconut oil. It takes of makeup really easily. You can also use micellar water which is easily available in the cosmetic section of a drug store or department store. I think Maybelline and Loreal sell micellar water. They're quite affordable.