Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Makeup removal?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the how and the why anybody ever thought wearing a jacket indoors was ever a good idea, much less a necktie for any reason. To add insult to injury, the jacket is usually wool. Absolute stupidity.

I call the suit and especially the necktie the "male burqa".

Post Thanks / Like

I just remembered something I can add to the body of makeup remover wisdom --

A couple of years ago when I had an eye infection, my eye doctor recommended cleaning my eyelids with these:
    http://www.ocusoft.com/9-months-ocus...ened-pads-30ct

They're little moist towelettes for the eyes. While the doc was giving me a box, her receptionist said, "They make great eye makeup remover, too." I don't always use them for that purpose, but they do come in handy now and then.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for coconut oil here. I wet my face with warm water, then rub in a blob of coconut oil (from a pea-sized blob upwards, depending on amount of makeup), generally rub it about until I look like the Joker, and then wash it off thoroughly with a hot flannel/face cloth. And repeat as necessary if you are wearing something really stubborn like waterporoof mascara...
    I find that the hot flannel stage is important, as it gets most of the oil off again and leaves your skin feeling soft and clean. When I've been away from home I've tried using dry cotton pads with the coconut oil, and that was scratchy and horrible and nowhere near as effective.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234