Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Makeup removal?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Makeup removal?

Is there anything worse than trying to scrape off the makeup after a performance? Any recommendations for products that won't make me break out or dry up my skin? I don't mind putting the makeup on, but taking it off is awful

Post Thanks / Like

I just wash it off with water. My skin doesn't like anything else. If it's particularly heavy I just use the moisturiser I use on my face to take it off with before washing with water.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried the moisturizer thing and it sill takes forever, or what feels like forever, to get the eye makeup off. I look like I have two black eyes during the process Harsher stuff hurts my skin. Literally hurts.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually put some eye make-up remover on my lashes then steam up a face cloth and drape it over my face, refreshing it every time it gets cool, for about 15 minutes. Then I just gently wipe everything off.

When I had a bathtub, I'd do it whilst having a post-gig soak & a beer. No bath now so I just do it in the shower. It's not as relaxing but it's quicker!
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you had any luck with olive oil or coconut oil?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try these suggestions- thank you ladies!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem View Post
    Have you had any luck with olive oil or coconut oil?
    I would suggest most oils, really. I have terribly sensitive skin with, unfortunately, acne issues. I find that my face mostly doesn't want anything on it...normally I only wash my face by putting on a honey mask and then washing it off in the shower. When I need to take makeup off, I wash with a mix of oil and water. Olive oil works very well, however for me I think it might irritate the skin around my eyes a little bit. But I recently switched to wiping my eye makeup off with a tissue soaked with jojoba oil (get filtered jojoba oil for sensitive skin) and water. It's been great so far. Also, wash with lukewarm water, not hot water. Hot water irritates skin and dries it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have suggested oils as well. I often use olive oil as an emergency make-up remover. It just takes some time and testing to figure out which oil or combination works out best for you.

A steam from a shower/bath and a gentle cloth also makes wonders, but only works with non-waterproof make-up.

I don't know how natural or gentle it is, but since I came to UAE, I've been using Himalaya Herbals Face Wash with aloe vera and cucumber. It does not seem to hurt my skin, and it is really helping to get rid of any last bit of eyelash glue.

Post Thanks / Like

Do I need to get the special facial cleansing oil they sell in stores? Can I use Italian or Turkish olive oil from my kitchen?

Post Thanks / Like

Probably you can use what you have in your kitchen. Experiment though, with makeup on your wrist that you remove that way. The inside of your wrist has delicate skin so you'll know immediately if it's going to be a problem without damaging your eyes.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast