Post Thanks / Like

Default Worth More Than Money! Journey Through Egypt Archive

Hi all -

I am tossing this up as a reminder since there are only a couple days left to contribute to this invaluable project! Getting to the $20,000 goal will help get a fantastic translator involved and make sure more voices from Egypt are heard loud and clear.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-dance-archive

Post Thanks / Like

What a fantastic, fabulous project, I certainly wish you every success. Have you mentioned it before on the forum? If so I must have missed it.

I am about to donate, but it won't be much unfortunately. Hopefully other members will spare a dollar or 2 to help such a valuable project along.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

I have not mentioned it before! I don't know why I did not post it sooner. Sahra is an amazing researcher, dancer and advocate and I am trying to help her out by posting everywhere I can think of in the last days! Wish I had posted here sooner! I will check with her on alternative ways to donate too. I know she will eventually have the cultural dance prints and t-shirts up for sale to help the cause!

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, annoying suckage - can't donate from the UK without handing over bank details.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh good heavens! That is annoying. I have a message in to Sahra and hope to hear back soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a Kickstarter thing, not anything that can be changed by users. It looks like a fabulous project though, going to check out the website, and at least one of those CDs is on my must get list now. Because I need more belly dance music, oh yes...

Post Thanks / Like

oops. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - it appears it's a Kickstarter issue. They just don't take paypal. :-/ Hopefully there will be another option to help out and/or buy goodies! Regardless, please check out the Journey Through Egypt Website and programs. There is an amazing wealth of information there!

Post Thanks / Like

Update!

"Do you want to contribute to the Kickstarter, but not through Kickstarter itself?

Feel free to choose your tier (must have an open slot!) and add-on's and Paypal the appropriate amount to JourneyEgypt@yahoo.com!

This piece was done for us by bellydancer Elizabeth Lundblade in Portland, OR. Check out some of her other work here : http://www.lundbladeart.com/"

Thanks all!