Hello everyone! New member from Iraq :D

Sara Sabrawi

I joined about 2-3 days ago but had to wait for activation :(

I'm very happy to have found this site to share my love for bellydancing. I immigrated to Sweden in 2004 from Iraq due to very obvious reasons, and I was separated from the rest of my family and relatives, whom LOVED bellydancing (especially Kawleeya). Now, where I live, I have yet to find any local bellydancing groups or classes to join :(

I've thought about the possibility of increasing my knowledge and skills on bellydancing and maybe start my own group and teach people who are interested. That will take a while, though. :think:

I am sure that this site with it's lovely community will help me achieve this goal! :D I have looked at some threads and they are definitely helpful. I can see myself having a great time here!

Daimona

Welcome to bellydanceforums.net, Sara!

There are several bellydancing communities in Sweden. The largest community is in Stockholm, but there are smaller communities all across the country.

If you'd like to share where in Sweden you live, I may see if I know any bellydancing groups nearby.
(If you don't want to do it in public, send me a private message.)

Last edited:

Sara Sabrawi

Welcome to bellydanceforums.net, Sara!

There are several bellydancing communities in Sweden. The largest community is in Stockholm, but there are smaller communities all across the country.

If you'd like to share where in Sweden you live, I may see if I know any bellydancing groups nearby.
(If you don't want to do it in public, send me a private message.)

Thanks! I live in Norrköping :D

Daimona

I don't know if you are mainly interested in attending workshops/classes or performing yourself or just watching performances, but the most current and closest I got within Norrköping was a mixed bellydance/bollywood dance class at Dansakedemin (as well as a lot of previous events, workshops and performances).

It seems like there is a larger community in the neighboring city of Linköping if you are interested in traveling (such as http://sirynraqs.blogspot.no/, http://www.benetalnil.se/, http://www.adoniadance.com).
If you contact any of them, they might know if there is a community within Norrköping itself or if Linköping is the best choice for your.

Rania

Hello Sara,

Glade to see you here, you will love it! How long have you been belly dancing, outside of classes? Good luck on finding a teacher, i'm sure you will find some one good. One of my favorite belly dancers Sadie did or is doing workshops in Sweden! Try searching facebook, or google for local dancers, they might be able to direct you to a teacher. That's how I found one of my teachers, I contacted a local dancer on Myspace and she gave me the name number and studio address of her teacher. Another way I found a belly dance teacher is by going to a middle eastern restaurant on belly dance night and asking if she gives lessons.

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome Sara, Sure hope you find a BD community not too far away from you & maybe starting a group would be a good idea & fun:)
~Mosaic

Aamandi

Hi Sara,
A warm Welcome to bellydanceforums, i am also a new user in this form. and i love a belly dacer and belly dance a lot. so i which you a very best of luck in your bright future.