New member out of Texas.

JRB

Hey everyone.

I would like to take a moment and introduce myself after I finally got my membership confirmation.

My wife and I are both looking into taking a class together and I decided to join here to learn as much as I can before we start classes.

The both of us are in our forties and we have been looking for something we can do together to get ourselves back into shape and have fun doing it.

I'm real excited about taking classes and have been doing a lot of reading online to find out as much as I can ahead of time. I even have a shopping list in my head of what I would like to have and for the parts for my first hip belt, before we begin class. I'm also going down to the dance studio on Friday to have a look around and ask some questions before we shell out any money for this.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know people here on the forum.

Thank you,

JB

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Welcome, welcome. Beware of what happens when you have 2 Belly Dancers under one roof! My wife and I have a TON of fun, but we also "fight" over costumes! :lol:

Dunyah

Welcome, JB. Best wishes to you and your wife on your journey into an amazingly rich dance! There is so much to learn and so many styles to choose from. Have a blast!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Aren't your skirts a little long for her? :think:

Actually, not really. I'm short in the legs and long in the torso for my size. The "standard 36 inch gypsy skirt" fits me perfectly (on the hips). She may take a roll or two on some skirts - but otherwise we can exchange anything below the waist or above the chest!

JRB

Thank you everyone.

Zorba, I don't see the two of us having much trouble over costumes. The only thing I can see us fighting over might be some of the belts and other accessories as we both have similar tastes when it comes to those things. On the other hand I am rather handy and I can make a lot of the accessories myself and I will have to remember that when I make something for me, I have to make another one for her also.

However, I have been thinking and if she decides that it isn't for her, I plan on doing it no matter what. I've never been this excited to start learning something, and that's saying something considering I'm 44.

I have to say thank you, Zorba. I have already devoured almost all of the information on your website and learned a lot.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
...I will have to remember that when I make something for me, I have to make another one for her also.
SMART MAN!!!
...I have to say thank you, Zorba. I have already devoured almost all of the information on your website and learned a lot.
Thank you for your kind words - that is the PRIMARY reason for that website, is to encourage and help other dancers, particularly males. Do remember, it *is* a documentation of my own journey - yours will be different!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum, & have fun on your dance journey. It's great to see how excited you are.
~Mosaic

Hello Friends

I am new here belly dance forum.My name is Kelly. I am belongs to berra (OH) City. I want to meet a new friends in here....