View Poll Results: What do you think of the Market Place?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the panjo software

1 11.11%
  • I want to go back to our own market place

5 55.56%
  • what the hell is panjo?

1 11.11%
  • I don't sell my stuff on this site so it doesn't matter either way

2 22.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What everyone else has said. Plus, I also was thinking I already have accounts with eBay, Etsy, and Amazon. I don't want to sign up with yet another site/app, especially one that redirects me away from the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

As I said, it is not something I purposefully picked. But in reading responses I am a little surprised that it being an app is what annoys most. I have a smart phone and it's loaded with all kinds of app's, practical things, games, entertainment etc. I guess I'm desensitized to apps! I wouldn't mind using it so I voted for it, am the only one so far We can see what the options are for reverting. Though we may be stuck with it in the upgrade...
    Like the forum on Facebook ~ Follow me on Pinterest and Twitter ~ We appreciate support of this forum through ads, shopping, and donations.

Post Thanks / Like

People are annoyed because they would have to register to a third party to use this forum, it doesn't matter if it is "just an app".

Personally I prefer to keep my browsers, tablets and smartphones free of apps that aren't strictly necessary. It keeps it more tidy, doesn't affect the performance negatively and it is easier to maintain fewer apps due to security threats.

Apps I really don't need, but HAVE to install and register for in a forum where I'm already a registered member is truly annoying.

In general, if I want to install an app I prefer to do it because I want it, not because I HAVE to do it in order to post a new thread in the market section in a forum I've used for years.

According to various other forums it IS possible to uninstall panjo. We are not the first ones to upgrade to this version who question it.
    Last edited by Daimona; 06-24-2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: rephrasing
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not have an agenda to jam panjo down anyone's throat. As I've said, twice now, it appeared in the upgrade, I did not know/pick it. You and I have different opinions about applications. However, I tend to make changes according to what the community wants, not what suits me personally. Hence the poll and discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    People are annoyed because they would have to register to a third party to use this forum, it doesn't matter if it is "just an app".

Personally I prefer to keep my browsers, tablets and smartphones free of apps that aren't strictly necessary. It keeps it more tidy, doesn't affect the performance negatively and it is easier to maintain fewer apps due to security threats.

Apps I really don't need, but HAVE to install and register for in a forum where I'm already a registered member is truly annoying.

In general, if I want to install an app I prefer to do it because I want it, not because I HAVE to do it in order to post a new thread in the market section in a forum I've used for years.

According to various other forums it IS possible to uninstall panjo. We are not the first ones to upgrade to this version who question it.
    Like the forum on Facebook ~ Follow me on Pinterest and Twitter ~ We appreciate support of this forum through ads, shopping, and donations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    I do not have an agenda to jam panjo down anyone's throat. As I've said, twice now, it appeared in the upgrade, I did not know/pick it. You and I have different opinions about applications. However, I tend to make changes according to what the community wants, not what suits me personally. Hence the poll and discussion.
    No problem, Salome.

From what I would know, the Panjo app could be wonderful to use.
    But I haven't tried it for the reasons mentioned above.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just happily clicked "like" on most of the posts above since they pretty well outline why the whole thing creeps me out. Of course, my computer creep threshold is pretty low: I keep a small piece of paper over my camera eye so no one can peek at me without my knowledge. You would not believe the things I've learned about cyber-stalking since going to work with the sheriff's office.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    I've just happily clicked "like" on most of the posts above since they pretty well outline why the whole thing creeps me out. Of course, my computer creep threshold is pretty low: I keep a small piece of paper over my camera eye so no one can peek at me without my knowledge. You would not believe the things I've learned about cyber-stalking since going to work with the sheriff's office.
    Draw a smiley face on the side of the paper stuck on your camera
    ~M
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Somewhere I have a smilie face that waves first with all fingers then with just one...
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks entirely to the work of Arun, panjo has been deactivated folks. We are back to the good old forum market place. Got something to sell? Make a thread, the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!
    --
    Daim.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast